Want or Wish list for P/boro show.

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 pm

laurence703:99576 wrote:I managed to buy it before the general public were allowed in. Swanage models had it... Matt nunn pointed it out to me and I bought it :)
I got my meths lady Anne from there as well before it opened, what did you pay for it?
A steam propelled life-style.

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Its Blue and was lined horribly... needless to say i'ts been taken back to being just blue... Brasso makes a great paint stripper ;)
I paid £500 for it after a thorough inpsection.
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 pm

I bought two speed restriction signs for Lathkill Dale, I ordered a coach off HGLW (they had the prototype on their stand) and a wagon off Jurassic Models (ditto) and I'll be getting the latest HGLW loco for review (and, knowing me, some modification).

I came away with a loco less than I went with, as Jon Meade used my (at that time) unbuilt Baldrig XT body kit in his soldering demo, and he offered to finish it off for me.

As you can see, it's not taken him long!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 pm

MDLR:99590 wrote:I bought two speed restriction signs for Lathkill Dale, I ordered a coach off HGLW (they had the prototype on their stand) and a wagon off Jurassic Models (ditto) and I'll be getting the latest HGLW loco for review (and, knowing me, some modification).

I came away with a loco less than I went with, as Jon Meade used my (at that time) unbuilt Baldrig XT body kit in his soldering demo, and he offered to finish it off for me.

As you can see, it's not taken him long!

She a beauty. Looking forward to the finished item :lol:

TTHLRMatt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TTHLRMatt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeh look like your glad I pointed that leader out Laurence! Pauly, I have always preferred a wider skip chassis and so buy the 45mm ones and press the wheels on a bit further. I dont know why, I just have :P
Kandnwlr, its my commissioned Allan Black Fairatt. Currently gas but I am building the coal fired boiler with my step dad for it soon! I am very good friends with Allan and do a lot of advertising bits for him so it was only so long before I jumped into the build que! Its got both powered bogies, 2 and a half ragleths long, around 4 cm taller. 1cm Deep valve chests. Its going to be a very strong loco!

rebelego
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by rebelego » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 am

Great show. :D Thanks to all contributors. My wish is a two days show. It was too much to absorb in just one day. The opportunity to do some shopping stole all the focus and time. Would like to spend more time looking at layouts and presentations. And regarding location... eh.. well... never mind. ;)

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 am

rebelego:99615 wrote:Great show. :D Thanks to all contributors. My wish is a two days show. It was too much to absorb in just one day. The opportunity to do some shopping stole all the focus and time. Would like to spend more time looking at layouts and presentations. And regarding location...  eh.. well... never mind.  ;)
Have to agree. I only managed to get there for 12.00 and spent all my time with suppliers .... and then it was time to go. Fantastic organisation and congrats to all involved.

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 am

Perhaps the forum members should arrange to stay in the same hotel... A bit like the board did so we all get to the show early and can stay the whole day and have a damn good steam up in the carpark. Before and even after !

I found it made the day so much easier to stay the night before and the night after although it does eat into the spending money.
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:29 am

sstjc:99622 wrote:Perhaps the forum members should arrange to stay in the same hotel... A bit like the board did so we all get to the show early and can stay the whole day and have a damn good steam up in the carpark. Before and even after !

I found it made the day so much easier to stay the night before and the night after although it does eat into the spending money.
I´d be up for that next year. I stayed overnight at Heathrow (got in late), and it was not a happy experience ..... :roll:

SpudUk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SpudUk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 pm

laurence703:99574 wrote:I came home with a Leader...
Jammy dear
Chris Auckland

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I'll stick a photo up a bit later on :P

SpudUk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SpudUk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:54 pm

laurence703:99639 wrote:I'll stick a photo up a bit later on :P
Was it 45mm? I saw a hideously blue 45mm Leader for sale on a forum, which then appeared on eBay, and then sold very quickly after that.
Chris Auckland

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 pm

If you want to contact Peach Bottom, I think the Association's got a provisional block booking on the whole hotel - I would think there might be some spare rooms!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

DVT Dweller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DVT Dweller » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Well my haul from Peterborough has turned up:

Not bad considering I couldn't go, to far to take the family for the day and I'm trying to use my spare annual leave for family days. 7th prize in the raffle. I will be honest, they aren't what I would usually go for but I'm quite looking forward to building them now.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Well done DVT Dweller. Always nice to hear from someone who actually won something..... these raffles can be so anonymous.

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

That picture I said I'd put up...
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Congrats on winning DVT dweller, that looks like a neat little train you've got there, albeit they might be a bit dwarfed by the Rheidol tank or Lew!
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:31 pm

DVT Dweller:99954 wrote:Well my haul from Peterborough has turned up:

Not bad considering I couldn't go, to far to take the family for the day and I'm trying to use my spare annual leave for family days. 7th prize in the raffle. I will be honest, they aren't what I would usually go for but I'm quite looking forward to building them now.
Well done, helps if you buy some tickets :roll:

PeachBottom
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by PeachBottom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 pm

MDLR:99642 wrote:If you want to contact Peach Bottom, I think the Association's got a provisional block booking on the whole hotel - I would think there might be some spare rooms!
Haha not quite. We block booked 25 rooms this year, but they were all on the association bill for various board members/layout staff/etc. I don't think the association would take too kindly to me booking rooms for the forum to use!
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

"Peachbottom was reading over my shoulder and has gone a funny colour, and is also in the kitchen where the Very Sharp Objects live" ~TommyDodd

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 pm

PeachBottom:100005 wrote:
MDLR:99642 wrote:If you want to contact Peach Bottom, I think the Association's got a provisional block booking on the whole hotel - I would think there might be some spare rooms!
Haha not quite. We block booked 25 rooms this year, but they were all on the association bill for various board members/layout staff/etc.  I don't think the association would take too kindly to me booking rooms for the forum to use!

But a reduced room rate for the show which the Asssociation officers and 16mm members attending could benefit from, might be a possibility. Certainly it´s a standard part of the package at some USA conventions. Maybe worth thinking about - and it would encourage a little more getting to know each other