Filament Colour

If you are having problems with your 3D printer or have had a problem and discovered a great solution, then share your experiences here.
GAP
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Filament Colour

Post by GAP » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:11 am

Just wondering what is the favourite filament colour people use for their prints and why.
I'll start; I have Black, Grey White and Brown.
My defaults are either Grey or Black,
Grey; mostly because that is the colour of the paint primer I use so missed spots do not show up.
Black; for items that I paint black without primer, again missed spots do not show.
I am usually heavy handed with paint so not many bits get missed.
Brown; I bought when I made a number of wooden barrels for a wooden toymaker to put in his tray back trucks and for me to make a wagon load so a one off buy.
I notice that a lot of models I've seen on the net and in other forums are printed in White, I have not used it because, I use the other colours.
No experience with resin so I left it out but feel free to share.
Graeme
From the home of the Ringbalin Light Railway
https://ringbalin-light-railway.blogspo ... -page.html

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Filament Colour

Post by ge_rik » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:34 am

I generally use grey but have used black, and white for both resin and filament.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

philipy

Re: Filament Colour

Post by philipy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:05 am

I have black, white, grey, brown, purple ( don't ask!). I've also got transparent and wood, which I got for specific reasons years ago but haven't used them since. I tend to use black or grey but almost never white, but would put one of the others in if there was a reason and then continue to the end of that reel unless there was another reason to change.
I work on the basis that they will get primer and then coloured top coat and possibly varnish, so it doesn't much matter.

As for resin, I've said on other threads that I have problems with coloured resins ( black and grey ) so I'm going back to translucents - green normally.
Philip