UV light failing?

If you are having problems with your 3D printer or have had a problem and discovered a great solution, then share your experiences here.
Mamod sterling
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: UV light failing?

Post by Mamod sterling » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:56 pm

-steves- wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:24 am I use every brand of resin going, whatever is on offer at the time, I even mix them, including colours and brands when one is getting low in the vat. I have never had any issues doing this and must have gone through at least a dozen or more bottles. Some of the prints are a marbled effect as the colours mix :D

I do use the Wash and Dry from AnyCubic. The only issue is don't leave the wash tub in any sort of sunlight as the resin it washes off starts to set and go very very sticky inside the wash post. It is the a complete nightmare to wash the basket and tub.
With the washing station I've ended up with two wash tanks, one for IPA and one for water.

I used to fall into the trap of leaving prints in the IPA for excessive lengths of time, but in reality, should only put the parts in IPA for long enough to be fully cleaned, and then get it into the water tank to stop the IPA attacking the parts.

The water tank will eventually (subject to me printing a turntable to sit ono its rotor arm), be used for under water curing.

Thanks,
Paul.
Mamod SL1 - ripe for modification
Mamod Brunel - ongoing modification
IPE Jane - rebuilt from 45mm to 32mm gauge, 'globetrotter'