Online 3D printing services

If you are having problems with your 3D printer or have had a problem and discovered a great solution, then share your experiences here.
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Online 3D printing services

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:13 am

I seem to recall someone telling us about a 3D printing service they were using. I've done a quick search on the forum and not found anything.

I've been contacted a few times by people asking if I will print out the models I've drawn but I'm reluctant as I'm not happy about the quality and consistency of the parts my printers produce and also I'm not too sure about tying up my printers when I'm wanting to use them to experiment with developing the models I'm drawing.

Can anyone recommend a reliable UK based 3D printing service which is reasonably priced for small scale print runs?

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

philipy

Re: Online 3D printing services

Post by philipy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:41 am

Never used them and no idea about prices, but "Shapeways" seem to get a lot of mentions around the web.
I think ( not sure) that it was Steve who mentioned that he was investigating a local 3d printer company.
ge_rik wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:13 am I've been contacted a few times by people asking if I will print out the models I've drawn but I'm reluctant as I'm not happy about the quality and consistency of the parts my printers produce and also I'm not too sure about tying up my printers when I'm wanting to use them
Yes my thoughts exactly. Although as you know, like you I have done it for a few members in the past, but it's always keep my fingers and everything else crossed in case they are not happy with what they receive. If somebody posts about something and I think I may be able to help then I'm happy to offer but I generally dislike it when I get a " Will you print xxx for me please?" message.
Philip

Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Online 3D printing services

Post by Jimmyb » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Though I have not used them, this company is recommended by a user on another forum https://www.the3dprintshop.co.uk/