Bargain for Resin and PLA+ @ Amazon

A place where discussions are about 3D printing.
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Bargain for Resin and PLA+ @ Amazon

Post by -steves- » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:22 am

As I said in another topic......

If anyone has both an FDM and a Resin printer then this deal is pretty unbeatable. It's been there for a few days now and I am sure it won't last long. If you look under "Promotions" you get a free 1KG bottle of resin as well as a reel of PLA+ for a little over £15, yup, both of them for £15.74, as I say, it wont last long, I have bagged myself 6 reals of PLA+ as well as 6KG of resin, result :) The PLA is my go to filament anyway :thumbup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Bargain for Resin and PLA+ @ Amazon

Post by SimonWood » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:46 pm

This is a bargain price. Although in my case, if I buy the resin I will need to buy a printer to print it with. Which may add a bit to the total cost...!

(This will not necessarily stop me :twisted: )

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:18 pm

I've had one of each. I don't really need either, because I have sufficient stocks of both PLA and resin, but at that price it can't be turned down, plus it will give me a chance to try PLA+ which I haven't used before. I know Steve swears by it, but I have loads of ordinary PLA which I was given some while ago and couldn't justify buying any more filament.
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:48 pm

Yes - me too, just ordered one of each. I was a bit thrown by the total until I got to the checkout when it offered me the discount. I also got free postage (without having to sign up to Prime)

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:10 pm

ge_rik wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:48 pm Yes - me too, just ordered one of each. I was a bit thrown by the total until I got to the checkout when it offered me the discount. I also got free postage (without having to sign up to Prime)

Rik
Excellent, I am glad people are making the most of it, never seen a better offer to be fair :thumbup: As you say, add both to the basket and the promo is added at that stage, as long as you tick the promo on the main page before you go to the checkout.

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:23 pm

I've had an Amazon update that the filament is coming tomorrow but the resin will be sent "when available"! The good news is that they have only charged me £4.88 for the filament!
Philip

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:38 pm

philipy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:23 pm I've had an Amazon update that the filament is coming tomorrow but the resin will be sent "when available"! The good news is that they have only charged me £4.88 for the filament!
Top Result :thumbup:

philipy

Post by philipy » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:17 pm

Both arrived about an hour ago as two separate deliveries from one order. Go figure!
Philip

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:39 pm

philipy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:17 pm Both arrived about an hour ago as two separate deliveries from one order. Go figure!
All of mine arrived separately too, that's Amazon's packaging for you, why use just 1 box when 12 is much better! :dontknow: :lol:

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:16 am

-steves- wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:39 pm that's Amazon's packaging for you, why use just 1 box when 12 is much better!
The items may have come from different warehouses, but their packaging is flimsy and using several boxes gives the mail snails more chances to lose one, or flatten it.

I think I've used Amazon once in the last five years and that was for a book not listed by Book Depository. Local suppliers are usually cheaper and they know OzPost by experience, so pack appropriately.

Graeme

philipy

Post by philipy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:33 am

Amazon here has it's own pretty efficient delivery system, they don't use Royal Mail.

This is the tracking record of something I ordered about 10 days ago ( Read up from the bottom):

Delivery by Amazon
Tracking ID: QA0506279711

Thursday, 13 October 1:51 PM Delivered to letterbox

1:26 PM Out for delivery Banbury, GB

3:15 AM Package being processed at courier facility. Banbury, GB

3:06 AM Package arrived at the final delivery station Banbury, GB

Wednesday, 12 October 11:48 PM Package departed an Amazon facility Redditch, GB

10:36 PM Package arrived at an Amazon facility Redditch, GB

Carrier picked up the package.

That is fairly typical. Occasionally stuff doesn't come until mid-evening but thats unusual and often there are several more steps in the chain.
Philip

Red Star
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Red Star » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:48 pm

I took the plunge and ordered a reel of black filament (as I had conveniently run out of black). I've never done any resin printing before, but my old uni where I still go to do some laser cutting has a small resin printer in the lab, so I'll be giving it a try. I've drawn out a few wagon plates for some 16mm scale standard gauge wagons - a number plate, and a registration plate. Will be interesting to see how this experiment goes, as I'm quite happy with my filament printing but I can see myself doing a little bit of resin printing for small details now

Andrew

philipy

Post by philipy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:12 pm

Red Star wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:48 pm I've drawn out a few wagon plates for some 16mm scale standard gauge wagons - a number plate, and a registration plate. Will be interesting to see how this experiment goes, as I'm quite happy with my filament printing but I can see myself doing a little bit of resin printing for small details now
Once you've seen resin printed detail part like number plates and compared them with the filament printed equivalents, you'll never want to do them any other way in future. :D
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:07 am

My filament and resin arrived within two days. Not sure why I qualified for free postage, normally you have to spend £20+ to get it - unless it's because the pre-order price exceeded £20??

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Red Star
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Red Star » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:13 pm

ge_rik wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:07 am My filament and resin arrived within two days. Not sure why I qualified for free postage, normally you have to spend £20+ to get it - unless it's because the pre-order price exceeded £20??

Rik
Yeah it probably is, I chose the free postage option as well (didn't mind waiting a few extra days for it if it was free postage)
philipy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:12 pm
Once you've seen resin printed detail part like number plates and compared them with the filament printed equivalents, you'll never want to do them any other way in future. :D
I've not tried wagon plates in a filament printer for that very reason :D - on a Tralee & Dingle axlebox I did, the lettering (GSR) just came out as a blur :lol:

Andrew

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:46 am

I just wondered f anyone had tried the special offer resin?

I had to reprint some of my DeWinton due to stupidity on my part, so I thought I'd give this e-Sun stuff a try.
I can't say I'm totally enamoured with it. It's OK-ish, but I wouldn't buy any more. It does print fine detail nicely and has a very nice surface finish, but doesn't do so well on big parts - it spreads and gives an elephants foot that I don't normally suffer from too much. It doesn't drain off very well (a bit viscous I think) so it clogs up the IPA wash quite quickly. Seems to cure quite quickly which is good, but the cured items seem to be fairly soft ( good for filing/sanding)but I don't know if it will harden more with time.

Be interested in any other views?
Philip

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 am

I haven't used mine yet. There's just one other thing I need to buy first... A resin printer. Must get on with that!

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:43 am

SimonWood wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 am I haven't used mine yet. There's just one other thing I need to buy first... A resin printer. Must get on with that!
I've replied on your other thread, but if/when you get a machine, I would caution you about using this free resin at first. Use some normal stuff initially and get comfortable with it before trying non-standard stuff. Personally I'm not very happy with this e-sun resin and it's at the back of the shelf for emergencies only now - I suspect that in due course it will go in the bin.
Philip

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:38 pm

Thanks. Yes, I plan to start printing with a tried and tested resin to get the hang of things, before using - or at least trying - the free stuff. Trevor has given me a recommendation for a tough resin that has worked well in his printer.

I just didn’t want to let this excuse to buy a printer go to waste!

Garethep
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Garethep » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:49 pm

I am a big fan of the eono (Amazon own brand) abs like engineering resin....I've had some really good results and its far less brittle than many resins (it can be drilled and tapped etc.)