CAD Software

A place where discussions are about 3D printing.
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

CAD Software

Post by -steves- » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:29 pm

I am after some advice on what CAD software to use next.

I am pretty adapt with Tinkercad and find it very easy to get on with. I also used Fusion 360 for things like fillets as Tinkercad can not do this.

My free subscription has run out on Fusion 360, it is not worth the $150 per year for me as I rarely use it.

What is there that can do fillets like Fusion 360 but is free? Any ideas??

Thanks
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

metalmuncher
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: CAD Software

Post by metalmuncher » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:10 pm

Fusion 360 is free for personal or hobby use. It has some restrictions, like you can only have 10 open documents at a time, but if you do an entire model in one document that's not an issue. The FAQ says "A hobbyist user must generate less than $1,000 USD in annual revenue, using Fusion 360 for home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects," so I think you might even be OK under the free license if you sell a few models to friends.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 pm

metalmuncher wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:10 pm Fusion 360 is free for personal or hobby use. It has some restrictions, like you can only have 10 open documents at a time, but if you do an entire model in one document that's not an issue. The FAQ says "A hobbyist user must generate less than $1,000 USD in annual revenue, using Fusion 360 for home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects," so I think you might even be OK under the free license if you sell a few models to friends.
I think they have changed the hobbyist one to one year only? Unless it's renewable?

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:32 pm

metalmuncher wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:10 pm Fusion 360 is free for personal or hobby use. It has some restrictions, like you can only have 10 open documents at a time, but if you do an entire model in one document that's not an issue. The FAQ says "A hobbyist user must generate less than $1,000 USD in annual revenue, using Fusion 360 for home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects," so I think you might even be OK under the free license if you sell a few models to friends.
OK, after some research, I found the answer, you have to renew it for free every year, point? :dontknow: :lol:

Thank you MetalMuncher :thumbup: