Choosing and Using a Resin printer

A place where discussions are about 3D printing.
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Choosing and Using a Resin printer

Post by -steves- » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:33 am

I picked up one of these the other week for under £200 at a reduction from £600. They are still on offer at £270 as they have a £330 voucher to add. It's very big, infact huge! Printing Size 192mm(L) x120mm(W) x250mm(H)

The only downside is the wi-fi is a bit week so it needs to be close to the router or connected via ethernet. Also I have not managed to successfully import the settings into Chitubox and I am having to use their own slicing software, even though you can import the converter, it still doesn't let you output the right file type.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVA3D-Printer ... C72&sr=8-2
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Garethep
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Garethep » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:57 pm

That's an absolute bargain! It took a lot of willpower not to press the buy button on that!

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Garethep wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:57 pm That's an absolute bargain! It took a lot of willpower not to press the buy button on that!
It's a very good printer with awesome reviews, no one would blame you :thumbup: :lol:

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:04 pm

That is an incredible price for a printer of that size.

I am now comparing it to the Anycubic Photon M3 Plus which is a comparable size, but more expensive. However there’s possibly one other advantage besides my preference for the make as mentioned above, and that is it has a higher resolution (6K rather than 4K, so 34 microns rather than ~50 microns). However I’m not sure how big a difference this might make in real world use…

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm

I’ve ordered a Whale 2. As far as I can see 50 micron resolution is more than adequate for my needs, and the saving over the Photon M3 Plus will pay for a wash and cure station which I am sure will make a difference to my real life use! Many thanks Steve for putting me onto this deal. (I also rediscovered another thread on buying a resin printer which has also been useful in these decisions.)

So now to see if there are any wash and cure Black Friday deals… currently looking at the Anycubic Plus and the Elgoo Mercury X/XS…

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:16 pm

SimonWood wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm I’ve ordered a Whale 2. As far as I can see 50 micron resolution is more than adequate for my needs, and the saving over the Photon M3 Plus will pay for a wash and cure station which I am sure will make a difference to my real life use! Many thanks Steve for putting me onto this. (I also found another thread on buying a resin printer which has also been useful in these decisions.)

So now to see if there are any wash and cute Black Friday deals… currently looking at the Anycubic Plus and the Elgoo Mercury X/XS…
Go you, it's a huge and heavy printer that I have already had great results from. Look for the video on their site about levelling, do that before using it. It can take a little time to get it right, but once it's set. away you go and you shouldn't need to worry about it again. My thoughts were the same on resolution as my first printer was a standard Photon and it had plenty good enough resolution for me, these days it's just a number :lol:

If you find any good deals, do please share. I have the anycubic (standard size) wash and cure, which to be fair, does all my 16mm needs so far :thumbup: