CCT No 1 “Goblin” the Continous saga of a Yet to be released beast.

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Mitch stack
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

CCT No 1 “Goblin” the Continous saga of a Yet to be released beast.

Post by Mitch stack » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:06 am

Hello Folks., I know some of you will be interested in the history of my Mamod loco “Goblin” so the saga Begins in 2016 after seeing my Friends live steam loco run at another friends railway i said I would like a live steam loco to run on friends Railways In September 2017 the dream was realised for my 15th birthday I got a MSS/Mamod From Dream Steam In the uk the first runs were a success on blocks but I tested it on track then I realised that it wasn’t getting enough heat to make it around the circuit, then I met my good friend David at a friends open day and he taught me some tricks of the trade to running a Mamod and it made 2 laps on one fire of solid fuel.
Then a few months ago I realised that I could get it rebuilt to make it a loco that runs well. Unfortunately the rebuild won’t happen until the end of the year because the parts I need to get it rebuilt aren’t available as I speak.
Here are some photos
B3507E24-E3BE-4748-8CB1-CADA3F0FDFB2.jpeg
B3507E24-E3BE-4748-8CB1-CADA3F0FDFB2.jpeg (480.21 KiB) Viewed 4195 times

The saga will be continued when it’s rebuild is completed.
Mitch - Cockatoo Creek Tramway

Andrew

Re: CCT No 1 “Goblin” the Continous saga of a Yet to be released beast.

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Ahhh, this brings back memories... I was 13 when I bought my first Mamod, having trudged thought a cold wet winter delivering free newspapers to pay for it. Like yours, running wasn't great at first, but I got mine re-built too, by Mike Chaney, who was something of an expert with the things. The Mamod was supplemented by the similar but better-engineered IP Engineering Jane and for years the two of them constituted my entire steam fleet. Both are out of use requiring attention now - that's not high on the priority list because they're not ideally suited to my steeply graded end-to-end line, but one day their time will come again...

Anyway, good luck with getting it sorted, I've always thought these are lovely little engines...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Clockwork
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: CCT No 1 “Goblin” the Continous saga of a Yet to be released beast.

Post by Clockwork » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:37 am

Hi i do like these MSS locos plain and simple but fun to steam. These locos can be improved quite a lot and I will look forward to seeing your progress on this loco. :thumbright:
Kevin :thumbleft: