Slate effect sheets?

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman

Slate effect sheets?

Post by Steven.T » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi all,
I'm looking for some slate effect sheeting that I could stick onto the side of a building i'm making, I have had no luck searching the internet, I was just wondering if anyone knows if this sort of stuff is available.
If not, is there an easy way to make a slate effect?

I'm after something similar to what is on the ModelTown signal box I made for my Grandad:

Any Ideas?
Cheers,
Steven

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm

The man to advise you is John Rodgers who from memory did an article or posted some information somewhere about printing your own brick effect paper and this may include slate effects as well. He usually hangs around this forum.... I believe its known as loitering with intent...

However my thoughts are that you could get a side of that building scanned and by stitching the scans together you could maybe create a full sheet of that effect... talk to Modeltown regarding the availability of the material they use and if they will agree to your using a scan of the building you have.

Barry
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Steven.T » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi, your comment has just given me an idea, using the building I have, I could push it into some plaster to get the imprint... might be worth a try!