Lineside buildings in cement

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 pm

andymctractor wrote:but i don't know how to display photos in this forum.
Could someone let me know?
See this Topic for various ways to post photos in your Topic/Reply - http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about5505.html

Chris Cairns.

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm building a terrace of cottages using Jigstones.  This photo shows how the castings make up a building.  
Since this photo I have grouted the joints, scratchbuilt windows and doors and am working on the roof which will be fibreglass tile sheets.
Thanks Brian (MDLR) re how to attach photos.

PS My photo is being checked by the moderator so I don't know if it will appear here.

Try again
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi,
my attempts at getting a photo on here of my jigstones cottages have not been very successful. I have managed to get a photo into the gallery but the message that went with it has vanished into the ether.

Regards
Andrew McMahon
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Andrew,

I think the problem was because you had a space within the filename.
I've uploaded the same image to the Gallery removing the space from the filename and here it is.

A very nice model.

Chris Cairns.

St.Michael
Fireman
Fireman

Post by St.Michael » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Very impressive building! Is it ment to stay on the same place permanently or will it be moveable?

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 pm

St.Michael:81864 wrote:Very impressive building! Is it ment to stay on the same place permanently or will it be moveable?
It is meant to stay out in all weathers and be a set of worker's cottages permanently placed near one of my stations. It is being constructed on three large quarry floor tiles cemented together for stability. This photo is the early stages of construction and since this time I have scratchbuilt windows and doors rather than use jigstone ones and I am constructing the roof out of fibreglass roof tile sheets.
If the cold weather continues it might get completed this spring but I really need to get the railway running again. The Crowfoot Light Railway is very much a fair weather railway but with some components that have to stay out throughout the winter.

Regards
Andrew McMahon
Regards
Andy McMahon

St.Michael
Fireman
Fireman

Post by St.Michael » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi again.
Today I tried my new buildings by the line. There is going to be a third building, and this is not the place where they are ment to be situated. The houses are basically clear plastic boxes on wich I have put aluminium and repair mortar. As I said earlier, they are going to stay out for all driving season
Imageπ