Adding Texture?

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
RSLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Adding Texture?

Post by RSLR » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi all,

I've recently added a large box shaped raised bed if you like to my garden railway, its made out of cheap 3mm ply from trago mills once again! 8)
Anyway I finished planting it up (with miniature trees and such) and I was wandering if there is a way at adding texture to the outside of the box, perhaps to make it look like a large retaining wall or something? rather than just paint it with some grey paint
By the way I'm looking for a cheap solution! (if possible) haha ;)

Cheers

SNR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SNR » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 pm

how about some of the cheap textured polystyrene ceiling tiles you get from home base or  something :?:
if it looks right to you, then it is right!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am

Your description is a bit too vague to give you any real advice - post us up a photo so we can see how the "box" is built and I'm sure the responses will fly in ;)

My "blind" guess would be to use something to clad it with, but the size etc will come into it.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 am

Get some cement, put it in a tin, add water & stir until it becomes a paste. Use flat scraper type device to smear it over the frame & before it drys carve brickwork into it.. Not used that on wood yet but works well on thermalite & concrete blocks.
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.