On Guard

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

On Guard

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

Something was missing from my van 5.

A guard in a prototypical postion in the doorway

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Looks like he may have be about to miss the running board - ouch. Somewhere I have a photo of me in a similar (but safe) pose at Nant, half a lifetime ago.

Isn't Haydn Jones supposed to have liked to ride sitting on the edge of the floor with his feet on the running board? It is certainly a very pleasant way to travel on van 5.
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm

the heel of his foot is just resting on the running board. Its hard to get scale figures in such awkward posses. I do have a seated figure that will sit on the running board so you can have either or.
I have rode on the footplate or in the guards van more times than I have sat in the coaches. unless number 1 or 2 is on with one of the brown marshalls directly behind then I like to ride in one of the original coaches

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Yes, I appreciate it's darned tricky to get figures to fit just right. It just looked funny from that angle.

Remarkably timely for this thread is the bulletin the Rail Accident Investigation Branch has released this morning regarding the Foxfield Railway - see here. Interesting reading...
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Get the pencil torch to his rear knee