railway Lights

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
M-G-Railway
Cleaner
Cleaner

railway Lights

Post by M-G-Railway » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

hello to all the forum users
this might include you do you know a website or modle shop that sells lights for the railway ( O gauge ) ? if so please contact us

meadowcroft-garden-railway@live.com
or
www.meadowcroft-garden-railway.webs.com

thankyou

Tom wilkes

M-G-R
est.2009

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. What sort of layout do you have, indoor or outdoor? do you want to light the area or just inside buildings?

I see from your website that you are an outdoor layout What do you want to light?

M-G-Railway
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by M-G-Railway » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm

well I would like it to light the area its not a big area but any thing would do like the standard gauge railway works lights ( but smaller ) and thankyou and the lay out is not conected like some railway's are
it is a U shape and the new part of the line has a passing loop and thats where i would like the lights to go
plz get back to me as soon as you can :D

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:05 pm

so you are looking for lights that look like standard gauge street lamps? I'm not a shop but was trying to clarify what you need to point you in the right direction.

I presume you would run them on a 12v supply as that makes things a lot safer in the garden. if street lighting is what you need

Something like this would give you the bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-Grain-Wheat- ... 1507wt_754
Then you need to build a pole (drinking straws would do ) and the top can be made of clear plastic.

I don't know of anyone that makes lights for the garden but for general lighting many use the standard garden solar lights.

M-G-Railway
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by M-G-Railway » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 pm

thankyou so much for all your help and i shall get to that asap thanks and good luck in the futer for your railway
Tom
oh and will i need to get a plug and some wire with it so they work ? if so i will be fine from there on :D

MamodFan
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by MamodFan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
If your luooking for lights for coaches or building as i have some lights that are self addesive, they are a strip of led's that can be cut to size.
Thanks

Callum Of The Springside Light Railway

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

M-G-Railway:45626 wrote:thankyou so much for all your help and i shall get to that asap thanks and good luck in the futer for your railway
Tom
oh and will i need to get a plug and some wire with it so they work ? if so i will be fine from there on :D
Electricity in the garden can be dangerous. Lots of people use battery rather than something that is plugged into the mains. 12V lights are for running from a direct source such as a battery and would explode if you put mains power to them without transforming it down to a safe voltage.  

To make up some lights as I suggested you would need to wire the bulbs to a battery or transformer.