Signal Operation

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Signal Operation

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am

Ive tried mechanical signal operation in the garden with rodding which works but not 100% reliable and Mr Bond has given me an idea in respect of his pneumatic operated brakes applied to his award winning coach. This technology could also be applied to signal and point operation. Brandbright have a kit but is well expensive this couls be a cheaper option. Im sure to give a go!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Keep us posted! :D

There's a pneumatic system out there for point and signal control (From memory, you use a car tyre for the air pressure) BUT if you check out the aquarium shops, there's loads of little "air bubble" accessories for fish tank decoration which include piping and junctions/joiners! :D

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bessytractor » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:37 am

Narrow Minded wrote:Keep us posted! :D

There's a pneumatic system out there for point and signal control (From memory, you use a car tyre for the air pressure) BUT if you check out the aquarium shops, there's loads of little "air bubble" accessories for fish tank decoration which include piping and junctions/joiners! :D
the Del-Air system. GMES use something very similar on their out of reach points. Would be ideal, not much short of broken air hoses to go wrong.

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:50 pm

I think I'll stick to the "hand of god" method as the rabbits like soft bits of plastic!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Sir Clothem Cap:46517 wrote:I think I'll stick to the "hand of god" method as the rabbits like soft bits of plastic!
I guess that would make 'em taste a bit odd when they're in the stew pot :D

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Beware or they may go for you :lol:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-H7n6wplnMU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-H7n6wplnMU?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>