New store for the GWLR

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

New store for the GWLR

Post by Lonsdaler » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:28 pm

The general manager of the Greta & Wenningdale Light Railway, Capt. (Retired) Mainwaring, is feeling very pleased with himself. He has managed to acquire the old nissen hut that you used to reside behind the Church Hall at Warmington on Sea, and plans to use it as the store for the railway.
Upon hearing of this prize acquisition, archaeologist Professor Mick Aston decided to bob down and have a look for himself.
Nissen-hut1.jpg
Nissen-hut1.jpg (260.25 KiB) Viewed 4077 times

Mr Mainwaring (Captain, Ret'd etc.) went into great detail about the hut's provenance for Professor Aston. Fortuitously, as they stood talking, Retired Squadron Leader 'Big Les' James flew over in his Sopwith Pup, and caught a spiffing aerial shot with his Box Brownie, reproduced below for your delectation.
Nissen-hut2.jpg
Nissen-hut2.jpg (336.19 KiB) Viewed 4077 times

The nissen hut is a 3d printed kit produced by '3dWayne' a 16mm association member. He has a facebook page, but currently no website. He produces various utilitarian type models, from shipping containers to pig pens and nissen huts, in both 16mm and G scale.
This one is assembled from 4 roof panels and with simulated wooden ends. Painting and weathering by me.
No connection to Wayne other than as a satisfied customer - if you are interested in having any other structure 3d printed, he is open to ideas, particularly for structures that would be of interest to other modellers.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

LNR
Driver
Driver

Re: New store for the GWLR

Post by LNR » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:37 am

I do like Nissen huts, nice one.
Grant.