Bridges of the Sandstone & Termite

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Re: Bridges of the Sandstone & Termite

Post by IrishPeter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:56 pm

What is the ordinary line speed limit on the Sandstone and Termite? If it is something like 25mph (40km/h) then I think the Inspectorate would let you get away with a warning board and one or two road type warning lamps at the commence of the restriction. Over 25mph, then some sort of advanced warning would be required - probably something sophisticated like a yellow flag jammed in the ground next to the track with a yellow lamp by it for night running.

I really like your bridge work! I would never have though about tomato sticks as a source of wood for trestlework!

Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:45 pm

IrishPeter wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:56 pm What is the ordinary line speed limit on the Sandstone and Termite? If it is something like 25mph (40km/h) then I think the Inspectorate would let you get away with a warning board and one or two road type warning lamps at the commence of the restriction. Over 25mph, then some sort of advanced warning would be required - probably something sophisticated like a yellow flag jammed in the ground next to the track with a yellow lamp by it for night running.
I've never thought about whether the SaTR has a speed limit. But when I'm choosing battery voltages I usually choose the number of cells to give around 30mph max - except for my one 'express' loco which can do 50mph! But I do like your idea of a sophisticated yellow flag. :lol:

Now to do some thinking about how to make a scale cement mixer and some of those red warning lamps.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

philipy

Post by philipy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 am

gregh wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Now to do some thinking about how to make a scale cement mixer and some of those red warning lamps.
Not sure about the cement mixer, perhaps a kids toy?, but Rik's signal post lamps with out the chimney top would be a pretty good start for the lamp - see his blogs.
Philip