Using 2.4GHz DSM Radio Control Video Tutorial

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Using 2.4GHz DSM Radio Control Video Tutorial

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 am

For those that had questions regarding the budget 2.4GHz DSM radio control set-up that I've adopted for my locomotives I decided to make a video to explain it better & visually. With so much to discuss (it is not all covered by the basic manuals) it came out a bit too long so I've split the video into 2 parts.

If you are just interested in how it works in my locomotives (a Cheddar/GRS tram & an Accucraft Edrig) then skip to Part 2.

Part 1 introduces the set-up including how to bind the receiver to the transmitter, plus some features that have not been previously documented.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/DE9KabpJ9ic?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/DE9KabpJ9ic?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://youtu.be/DE9KabpJ9ic

Part 2 shows this set-up being used to control a Cheddar/GRS tram, and an Accucraft Edrig.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/vD6lYD1l0BY?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/vD6lYD1l0BY?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://youtu.be/vD6lYD1l0BY

When I first discussed this set-up the eBay trader put up the price of the 5 Channel Force RC transmitter from £12:99 to £19:99 (inc free P&P). Ironically the same eBay trader sells the 4 Channel MLP4DSM transmitter, but this time even before I've posted this discussion they have put the price up from £9:99 to £12:99 (inc free P&P)!

Hobby King would be the cheapest source for the Orange RX R615 receivers but it has been on back order at their UK warehouse for several months now. So I bought mine on eBay for £7:80 (inc free P&P).

Chris Cairns.

Big Al
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Big Al » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Great stuff Chris good info on videos. Well done.
Allen Hopper - early retirement can't beat it !