Look wot I found.....

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Look wot I found.....

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 am

This picture just keeps on giving...

Lots of useful info here for the modeller.
  • flattened ends of the handrails
  • square holes in the headstocks, side chains removed
  • single tail lamp bracket
  • different sized carbide reservoirs
  • flexible pipe between the two reservoirs
  • route of the thinner gas pipe up and across the carriage
  • AFAIAA that is a lighting circuit cable around the bend of the gas feed; but as it's such a long time since I've looked at L&B coaches I can't remember which one this is (no steam heat, which IIRC is A Clue)
  • vac pipe and route - note that the bag has been left off the dummy, so I reckon this has been shunted in to the bay at Lynton and left with the vac brakes 'on'
  • beading detail at the top at the roof joint
  • second handrail on the roof
  • no gutter pipes off the landers
  • gas gauge (I think) facing the platforms on the RH carbide reservoir.
  • footboard brackets on the headstock, note the outer bolt is shared with the headstock bolts
Possibly a few more things, but those are what leapt out at me in 3/4 mins looking at it as an escape from decorating the new house! Tiling aaAAaaaAArgh!  ;)  ;)
De Carabas

At the service of angelislington

MTA

Post by MTA » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Wow, great find! Straight to my reference folder.

I'll be referring to this alot when my Accucraft coaches arrive...

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm

It might be worth putting finger to word processor and doing a short article for SMT - with the models coming out. Andrew's going to be looking for articles..............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 pm

MDLR:62156 wrote:It might be worth putting finger to word processor and doing a short article for SMT - with the models coming out. Andrew's going to be looking for articles..............
Nice idea - am recovering from all the work it took to get the drawings together for the book I co-authored: (boring and not narrow gauge, so haven't plugged), will see if I can remember where the photo came from, so I can credit it correctly.
De Carabas

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Marquis DeCarabas:62161 wrote:Nice idea - am recovering from all the work it took to get the drawings together for the book I co-authored: (boring and not narrow gauge, so haven't plugged)
Please do tell.......................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Co-author of the 50th Anniversary book/booklet for the London Underground Railway Society on the Aldenham and Alexandra Palace extensions to the Northern Line - the 'Northern Heights' - have spent the past 3½ years sorting through many thousands of linen drawings and synthesising them into the artwork for the signalling and electrification plans, as well as helping with the text.

Here's an early version of Finchley Central: ClickyLINK. It's been a lot of fun, and a bit of a long haul, as there was just so, so much original material to wade through.

Currently catching up with some very detailed research into Corris and Festiniog signalling - you may have seen me talking about 2400 dpi scans of the 'Spooner Album' on FB - well, that's related. :D
De Carabas