Useful Mamod/MSS Locomotive Files

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Useful Mamod/MSS Locomotive Files

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:49 pm

I've just found that you can attach files to a PM, and they end up in the Gallery.

So if you go to the Gallery (click option in text at bottom of page) you will find 7 PDF files that I've downloaded from other websites, which may be of interest to other Mamod/MSS owners.

Available here http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/view ... der=recent

Obviously if there presence is not appropriate then I, or Admin, can delete them.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm confused Chris!

What gallery?

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bungle80a » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:37 pm

but how do you attach the file?
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:54 pm

For adding photos to a post using the forum system there is an 'Attach File' link below the text box when you write a post, click on this, upload your picture, and it's automatically inserted in the post. Uploading files clearly follows a similar procedure, though I'm yet to of used it.

If you wish to view current items in the gallery, scroll to the bottom of any page, where there are numerous links, click on the one called 'Gallery'.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 am

I recently realised that although these files were available for download in the PM you sent, they were not available for download from the Gallery.

So I've posted them here for download. Again if these download links do not work just send me a PM request.

Steam path on the Mamod/MSS locos - a very useful file by the late Peter Longfils which clears up any misunderstanding on this subject.

MSS and Mamod Fuel Tray - a useful file by the late Peter Longfils to explain who to modify the solid fuel tray to use Esbit tablets.

Mamod and MSS Steam Dome - a useful file by the late Peter Longfils to explain how to correctly fit the 'O' ring, washer and compression spring inside the dome. Illustrated is an MSS steam dome but it equally applies to the Mamod steam dome.

Mamod and MSS Cylinder Lubrication - a useful file by the late Peter Longfils explaining how to lubricate the cylinders when no lubricator is fitted. I have found fitting an 'O' ring instead of the fibre washer to old Mamod locos does not give a steam tight seal.

Mamod Exhaust Control (2 files)- an article by Dave Halfpenny explaining how he built an exhaust control for a Mamod. I have found some photos which illustrate this exhaust control and produced them in the 2nd PDF file.

Mamod Handbook - a handbook produced by the 16mm NGM from extracts of 16mm Today plus advice from the e-mail group.

Chris Cairns.

Click to download file

Click to download file

Click to download file
Click to download file
Click to download file
Click to download file

Click to download file