Scale Calculator program

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Scale Calculator program

Post by bungle80a » Mon May 26, 2008 10:53 pm

In my quest for technical details for B Wagons, I came across a handy little application that is extremely useful for calculating scale measurements.

You input the measurement (choosing the scale ratio, so if its the actual length, you use the ratio 1:1) and then choose the scaling ratio for your output measurement. So obviously for 16mm/1ft scale you put 1/19. Measurements can be inputted in metric or imperial, and you can mix and match for input and output. It also allows you to work out the ratio for scales too. I'm not too good at describing this kind of thing, but it is very handy tool when scratch building if you are basing your model on a prototype!

Does anyone know if there is a way of sharing it with other members?
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 am

if its on a web site post the site but if its a program you may have to email it to individuals

my main track is 90 feet long and marvin goes round it on a single fill nearly 10 times worked it out to be 870 feet on a single fill I reckon thats not too bad
I wouldnt mind a copy of that program
:D