Instructions for fitting a Mamod or MSS Loco Gas Burner

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Instructions for fitting a Mamod or MSS Loco Gas Burner

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:49 am

Here is a scan of the fitting instructions for the gas burner to fit a Mamod or MSS loco. These were originally manufactured by Cheddar Models and either sold direct or through a dealer like PPS, Chasteam or Forest Classics.

[Mod Note]File no longer available, topic kept for discussion reference.

Thanks for looking. I hope it was of some interest to you.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks Chris its a pitty they went out of business :(

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Yes they made some very nice engines, and of course several live steam locos as well. I've got their R/C Iver and the R/C Cheddar/GRS Steam Tram (that's tucked away in a box just now but I'll get some photos done sometime. This loco needs a lot of work on tidying up as it has all been squeezed inside the Tram shell).

Their rights were taken over by Stuart Models but they have re-produced only a little of the old Cheddar Models range so far, and sadly not the ceramic burner for the loco or TE1A & SR1A.

And if you've looked at Stuarts prices they are somewhat higher, and thats before VAT from the Channel Islands.

steamyjim will be able to tell you more if you are interested about Cheddar Models.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Id be really interested in some pics of the tram if possible Chris :D

Aye i know quite a bit about Cheddar Models :lol:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:13 pm

steamyjim I'll try and get it out of the box in the next day or two. I do not like the way the battery boxes and other bits were crammed onto the boiler. Unfortunately it came with no instructions, and I think there is a least one brass fitting missing to detail the tram body.

Did you find a spare Cheddar Models loco gas burner box? I'm going to be ordering up the spares I need for the IPS Janet soon.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Ill have a look for my Iver instuctions. There basicly the same ;) Ill scan them if i can find them.

No sorry couldn't find the burner box. Must of given it to Forest Classics (with a few others) to swap for a gas tank for my boat

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:41 pm

I already have the instructions for my Iver thanks. I guess that the Cheddar/GRS Trams were actually sold by GRS and they would have produced some instructions. It is how the loco should be set-up for the R/C side that I'm interested in, so when I get some time I'll write to GRS to see if they still have these instructions. The Tram actually came with a home built wagon as well, but it is a slightly smaller gauge than the Tram, so I was intending to make it bigger then place all the R/C gear inside, just leaving the servo on the Tram. Will become clearer when I get some photos posted.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Cheddar also sold the tram as there own ;) But GRS had some made especially for them ;)