Narrow Gauge Railway Society Library

This section is useful for posting interesting copies of instruction manuals and similar pieces to help other members of the hobby
bambuko
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Narrow Gauge Railway Society Library

Post by bambuko » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 pm

link:
https://ngrslibrary.wordpress.com/
In 2017 a Society volunteer working for the library undertook the epic task of scanning our entire back catalogue of in-house publications in a searchable .pdf format, right back to the first issues produced in 1951.

As the wealth of our published material grows, the task of maintaining a meaningful published index becomes problematical. Searchable .pdfs presented an alternative resource. Most pc’s and laptops will globally search a folder of .pdfs for specific content (once downloaded).

In 2018 the Committee of the Narrow Gauge Railway Society Ltd. resolved to make the first one hundred issues of our two publications (excluding ‘Special Issues’) available to our membership, as well as to the wider narrow gauge railway fraternity.

Andrew

Re: Narrow Gauge Railway Society Library

Post by Andrew » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:05 pm

That's very exciting, thank you!

I just dipped into a random "Narrow Gauge News" and found an account of an early 60s AGM at the Ffestiniog Railway, where their rebuild of the L&B carriage as a buffet car was unveiled. The account reports that "the comments of Henry Holdsworth, our Lynton and Barnstaple expert, were recorded but are unprintable"!!! I remember HH's 16mm scale L&B models from Railway Modeller in the 80s...

I shall enjoying looking at some more of those in future...

Cheers,

Andrew.