RWLR - Robin Wood Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
cooltrain
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: RWLR - Robin Wood Light Railway

Post by cooltrain » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:37 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:13 pm
My videos are not as well edited these days as YouTube no longer provide a video editor, however, it's not bad considering I was holding my phone and Tx at the same time.
Windows computers come with a free editing software that is relatively easy to use called Windows Movie Maker. I believe you can upload videos direct to Youtube from it.
"So what's yer name?" asked the driver.
"Charlie, sir."
"I don't address my firemen by their Christian names, son. Give me your surname."
"Darling, sir."
"Okay, Charlie, start shoveling."

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Movie Maker is no longer supported by Microsoft and not available for Windows 10 even if you have a downloaded copy of it.

Since the 'Creators Fall' update there has been a limited video editor available as part of Windows 10 but it's not as good as the web based editor YouTube use to provide.

The last video I created I edited on my phone using a free app which was nice as I did not have to download files to my computer and then edit at my desk (I use Windows computers all day at work so try to avoid using them at home).

philipy

Post by philipy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm Movie Maker is no longer supported by Microsoft and not available for Windows 10 even if you have a downloaded copy of it.

Since the 'Creators Fall' update there has been a limited video editor available as part of Windows 10 but it's not as good as the web based editor YouTube use to provide.

The last video I created I edited on my phone using a free app which was nice as I did not have to download files to my computer and then edit at my desk (I use Windows computers all day at work so try to avoid using them at home).
Tom,
I acknowledge that you are the expert, but MovieMaker does still work on Windows 10 even if MS don't actually technically support it. I used it only yesterday and I've just checked again in case I was dreaming!
Philip

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 pm

I only said Movie Maker is not supported anymore.

I will take your compliment though, thank you!

cooltrain
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by cooltrain » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm Movie Maker is no longer supported by Microsoft and not available for Windows 10 even if you have a downloaded copy of it.

I wasn't aware that Microsoft stopped supporting Movie Maker. I'm not surprised though haven't done any video making for quite a long time now, I must start making videos again.

What's the phone app you use called? I'm looking for a video editing app for my iPhone at the moment.
"So what's yer name?" asked the driver.
"Charlie, sir."
"I don't address my firemen by their Christian names, son. Give me your surname."
"Darling, sir."
"Okay, Charlie, start shoveling."

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 am

The app I am currently using is 'Video Editor For YouTube' for Android.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:37 am

Still a very nice video Tom, however you have done it :thumbright:

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Another nice evening so out with the camera and my Silver Lady:

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:21 pm

I enjoyed seeing your Silver Lady Tom. I must admit to a little jealousy as I don't have anywhere to run my Lady Anne at the moment. I'd love to be able to pop into the garden and run her when we get lovely weather such as we have had letely.

Ian
Ian

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:03 am

Very nice Tom…. :thumbright:

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:58 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 pm Another nice evening so out with the camera and my Silver Lady:
And photo of the week on the 16mm Association website. Well done Tom.

https://www.16mm.org.uk/2018/06/02/phot ... ek-no-452/

Ian
Ian

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for that Ian, I submitted that last year I think and forgot that I did!

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 am

Lovely video, that slo mo more than pays for itself with the quality running you get.

Nice picture as well, without getting too cross threaded it's against a fence but not something I feel detracts from at the railway scene.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Great video, really realistic, and your line continues to have an atmosphere all of its own. I do like those IoM 4-wheelers - the new E van would look great in one of your mixed trains I reckon...

You get such a good quality of running with your Slomos. Inspired by your videos I'm saving towards purchasing one for my Russell, I guess a Lady Anne one should fit... Fitting it will have to be a professional job in my case, things never end happily when I take my engines apart! As you've found, I think it should really add to the running of my end-to-end line.

All the best,

Andrew.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 pm

I do like the Accucraft IoM 'E' van but the price I paid for the the four wheeler I own is very different! I do feel RTR 16mm scale stuff these days is only in the price range of the 'wallet modeller'.

Fitting a SSP Slomo is easy and Terry does plently of videos of how to fit them on YouTube. If I can fit one anyone can!

If Russell has the same 0-4-0 arrangement as a Lady Anne then there is no reason why one would not fit but best to email Terry (SSP Slomo) first. He is very helpful and I cannot recommend fitting one enough.

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Great video. :thumbright:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 pm
I do like the Accucraft IoM 'E' van but the price I paid for the the four wheeler I own is very different! I do feel RTR 16mm scale stuff these days is only in the price range of the 'wallet modeller'.

I agree Tom, although I have only been doing 16mm has you know for just over 12 months, even I have seen how much the RTR stuff is well out of reach. But try and build one yourself and you get all kinds of comments about the look of it. Still I do love the IoM van.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 pm Fitting a SSP Slomo is easy and Terry does plently of videos of how to fit them on YouTube. If I can fit one anyone can!
Ah, but you successfully built your own kit loco Tom, which puts you in a different league from me. When I repainted the rods on my RH Bertie I made such a hash of putting it back together I had to send it to Tony Wilmore to do properly! I'll probably do the same with Russell - it was secondhand and is getting rather tired anyway, in need of some expert TLC...

Yes, £80 is pretty steep, I agree. Back when I was learning a bit of CAD I drew up some plans for an E van but never got round to cutting them or assembling the bits. I don't remember how near I got to completing them, I'll have a look sometime... An IP VoR van would do the job too, rather more cheaply... Guess I just like little passenger brakes - I've got plans to build a NWNGR style one soon-ish...

Cheers,

Andrew.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Andrew wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 pm Guess I just like little passenger brakes - I've got plans to build a NWNGR style one soon-ish...

Cheers,

Andrew.
I have a thing about passenger brake coaches too. I have modified an IP freelance coach to a Brake First and am about to do a Newqida one next.

Ian
Ian

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 pm
I did try and convince you down the auto uncoupling route :mrgreen:
Still possible, Tom. Steel hangers and a magnet. Might investigate it once all the stock is converted.

Doing them in dribs and drabs. Surprisingly, i've found some of the ex LGB stock need slightly different versions of the coupler.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube