The Skebawn and Castleknox Light Railway and Tramway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Skebawn and Castleknox Light Railway and Tramway

Post by ge_rik » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:28 pm

That migraine of yours sounds really debilitating, Peter. I do sympathise with you. I used to suffer, though not as badly, until dietry changes more or less eliminated it.

I agree with you about the value of HGLW wagons. They underpin many of my semi scratch builds, particularly when I wanted to produce lots of stock in a short space of time.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 am

IrishPeter wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:39 pm
They cannot do anything about the migraine itself, but they can at least do something about the migraine "hangover" which used to make the next day rather unproductive.

The missus has a lot of minor things going on which she finds very discouraging, mainly because they don't seem to be readily identifiable/treatable. Given her ancestry - Scandinavian and Sephardic - she never has the textbook version of anything, which our GP regards as a bit of a challenge! Big improvement on the last GP who thought it was all in her head.

Cheers,
Peter in Va
I know what you mean about having none productive days Peter. When I have a bad day with my heart, I don’t have much energy for anything at all.

One consultant also said to me “I think it’s all in your head” when they were trying to find out if I had a heart problem. 10 months before I had my double by-pass.

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 pm

The latest addition to the S&CLR&T stock, a mildly modified HGLW open, still waiting for Chippy Norton to get the paint brush around it, and put the Norwegian couplings on.
No.16 - short flat wagon
No.16 - short flat wagon
IMG_4301.JPG (263.7 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

Supposedly one of the early 'short' tramway wagons constructed for the opening of the line in 1887. I simply changed out the wheelsets so that it is running on 28 or 30mm and put wooden end braces on instead of the MDF iron strapping. I have a second kit that will get the same treatment when I get a roundtuit.

Peter in Va
Last edited by IrishPeter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:55 am

Not bad that Peter. It gives it a bit more appeal…