The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bessytractor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 am

that looks quality! You have a good eye for dereliction!
proudly flying in the face of convention

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 am

Great stuff :D I especially like the heavy weathering on the Jessie! :thumbup:

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

brill.

That conservatory needs a lever frame :lol:

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Love the fake scrapped engine - saw it on FB and was very convincing to see :D

Also, cats are good. It's always good to see shed cats. ;)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 am

What can you do when life is all work & family.....Run at night!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcA1gikxp0Q?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcA1gikxp0Q?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:20 am

Pendo Pilot:73569 wrote:What can you do when life is all work & family.....Run at night!
Good to see you back on here - loved the video. Perhaps time to splash out on head and tail lamps?
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Top notch weathering and ageing on everything. Superb modelling

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Had a day off... :D ....spent it all waiting for plumbers & then all the rest of the day stuck at home with them :( . On the plus side I got them to bend a piece of pipe for me to get done what I wanted at Fox Road C&W. Not your usual NG railway item but something I wanted for mine.....

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIGD_Eciwp8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIGD_Eciwp8?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:28 pm

I don't believe this! - CLEAN CVLR stock?! :shock: :lol:
(or is this just to accelerate the rusting process?? ;) Either way - I bet it flushed the guards stove out for him :lol: )

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 am

Take shotblasting to get CVLR stuff clean. :D The purpose of this though is to get rid of all that splashed up non scale dirt you get with rain & gribbles that like to ride about underneath stock that lives outside. Now that I can drive stuff into the shed it's nice to clean them first. ;)

TommyDodd
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TommyDodd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 pm

You washing them with water, or bleach and battery acid 50/50 for that authentic 70s BR(W) look?
Well, now we know the buffer-stops work! (Heard at 2013 "Longest Day" solstice steamup)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 am

TommyDodd:73679 wrote:You washing them with water, or bleach and battery acid 50/50 for that authentic 70s BR(W) look?
God knows what they did wash them in, but the effect was certainly as you describe.
:D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 am

As I have actually got some time off from work a little update. I hit 40 last wednesday, combined with the joy of being 40 also came the idiotic news that first had stolen the WCML franchise..Which was just great.. :cry:

But even though railways were the last thing I wanted to know about I still managed to enjoy pressies of a railway nature.

From the excellent Swift Sixteen came a bogie brake coach, two tarp covered wagons & two wiggly tin vans.
The bogie brake is still WIP here...

Lovely crisp kits.

From my wife & mother came a new loco. Something different for the line..

A regner Chaloner.

This was a lovely loco but so many faults.. Been rectifying them since my bday. In hindsight I should of sent it back, but it was my bday pressie & I'm stubborn. Actually reminded me of my mamod days....."You have fire,water & are making steam! Why wont you move you b**ch!!"

Gradually been working out the gremlins...

Day two & moving!

Day three & sometimes working! Swift sixteen WIP wagons in tow.

Day 6 & all critical faults rectified!

A video from day two when it only went forwards..
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n25eQEiAqk4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n25eQEiAqk4?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 am

Updates.

The Regner, 'Chaloner' after much fettling has become a useful engine.

Although it resembles the Exxon Valdise after a good run...

In other news, Chyknell station has been bothering me for a while. Regeneration was called for.

First No 3 cleared out all the stock from the area.

Just before the navvies moved in.

Island platform wasn't working for me, too high, too narrow.

It came up like Hornby!

Teamwork here, I removed the stuff & this fella grabbed the worms!

The new look Chyknell, first undetailed view.

I feel that catches the atmosphere better.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 am

Yep, that's going to look much better I reckon :D

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

You don't hang around, on Saturday it was "I'm thinking of changing this area" to suddenly the new version of Chyknell station as in the pics 2 days later! The platform does look better, look forward to seeing what else unfolds
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Has there been any action on this railway lately? It's always been my favourite.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Keith S:77651 wrote:Has there been any action on this railway lately? It's always been my favourite.
Not had much time Keith & when I did the weather hasnt played ball. However I had a session of running to shunt stock into secure stabling before going away for a few days this week. The cameras were rolling..... ;)

http://youtu.be/2Zn28DGaTvQ

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 pm

The line's matured lovely Shane - and "The Beast" looks grand in black! :D Those bogie flats look excellent too, any details?? :santa:

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Narrow Minded:78349 wrote:The line's matured lovely Shane - and "The Beast" looks grand in black!
Absolutely - great stuff, the line is bedding in so nicely. Is it really a year and a half since that steam-up with Greg, Matt, Steve & co.? (Good to see you on here again, too.)
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull