TVT - Start of Steam Operation

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Andrew

Re: TVT - Start of Steam Operation

Post by Andrew » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:08 am

invicta280 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:15 pm Looks like a fun session, with the Mule earning its keep.
It really is, isn't it?! It seems remarkably powerful...

Lovely goods train, thanks for the pictures!

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:13 pm

It's winter hereabouts, but the long weekend has been a clear run between the cold fronts, so the backyard has dried out a little and a short test run was organised.

I recently finished a short rake of unloaded log bogies to use up some surplus parts and the photo below shows them on a test run behind the Kerr-Stuart Skylark. The wheels are some old Andel castings that I've found are a bit brittle for regular use, but they will be OK for bogies that will mostly be used as static models when running the timber tram.

As always a battery powered loco is a more convenient way of running a train for a short test. The backyard is mostly in shadow during the day at this time of year, but late in the afternoon the sun shines through a gap in the trees long enough for a short run.

logbogie-n.jpg
logbogie-n.jpg (132.1 KiB) Viewed 2972 times

Graeme

LNR
Driver
Driver

Post by LNR » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:03 pm

The weekend was good for running wasn't it. Managed to run three of mine, and gave all a good sudsy wash after to prepare for more running this winter.
Grant.

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:51 am

I haven't run a train since early July and I've just spent three days clearing the jungle that had grown up around the track since then.

The works foreman was sent out in the gang motor on an inspection trip to check for any damage from a recent storm and ensure the track was clear for the branch line mixed the next day.

The first photo shows the gang motor putt-putting along on the branch towards the interchange yard with the Mt. Delusion timber tram.

Eleventh Run 1.jpg
Eleventh Run 1.jpg (226.45 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

The manager of the Mt. Delusion mill was of the same mind and had been out checking the timber tram. The two drinking mates met up for a fag and a chinwag before returning home. Most likely via the nearest sly grog establishment........

Eleventh Run 2.jpg
Eleventh Run 2.jpg (229.51 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

Regards,
Graeme

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:45 am

Very nice, Sir!
Philip

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Old Man Aaron » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:02 pm

The contrast between "real" and "bush-bashed" motors is a very pleasing one.
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works