The Runnymede Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Dasher
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: The Runnymede Light Railway

Post by Dasher » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:55 pm

The procurement section visited the Great Exhibition at Llanfair at the weekend and although they pulled out their cheque books, the long lead times quoted for heavy diesel traction units didn't; meet their expectations and so they went to the open market on Monday and sourced something with immediate availability!

When a name plate arrives (also subject to long lead times) this will be known as "Pontefract Castle" - once the place of residence of one of the excommunicated barons involved in the bringing about of the signing of the Magna Carta. So the King now has to watch his step!!
Attachments
"Pontefract Castle".jpg
"Pontefract Castle".jpg (436.96 KiB) Viewed 3121 times

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

That is a livery, they do look nice in black. I have a cricceth here that I don't use but can't bring myself to part with it.

Dasher
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Dasher » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:37 pm

I've spent the last six months looking for a Criccieth and finally gave up and took a Harlech instead. I'd decided on FR Grey but without the yellow vinyl. The one available at Derails already had the stripes fitted. However, they had a black that wasn't on the web site. I'd not actually seen it in black previously but am very pleased with it. It's a powerful beast!

They need to correct the Builder's plate though - as "Drewery" has too many 'e's in it!! :D

SpudUk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SpudUk » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Dasher wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:37 pm I've spent the last six months looking for a Criccieth and finally gave up and took a Harlech instead. I'd decided on FR Grey but without the yellow vinyl
I've been waiting for a second hand Criccieth to come on the market for a while too!
Chris Auckland