The start of my garden railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: The start of my garden railway

Post by FWLR » Sat May 16, 2020 8:15 am

What a great expanse there is to work with, but if you have been told no there is no point in arguing with the better half really. There is however a little bit you could use more of if you so desire....Move over to the other side and keep her clothes line were it is..... :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, is it possible to move even further down the garden to the bottom of it. Seems to be crying out for it to go down there for me.... :thumbright:

Love your 3D flat wagon, it looks the business and the paint colour on the loco looks great also.. :thumbright:

sjrixon
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by sjrixon » Sat May 16, 2020 9:17 am

There is more room to be grabbed there.. I can see a run to a terminus next year! Your picture looks like you are in some kind of building at the bottom of the garden, you should be building out to meet it. :)

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:09 pm

I am not remotely jealous of the lovely expanse you have at your disposal there. Nope. Not at all. :mrgreen: And I know the Authority has said no for the moment, but do a good job with the starter area and who knows, maybe a change of heart will happen? :D
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

Scrat
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Scrat » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:55 am

Lonsdaler wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:09 pm And I know the Authority has said no for the moment,.....
Get her to join the hobby.

This way I received permission to build a 5" gauge layout in our garden.
SWMBO even drives my steam locos.

Norman H
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Norman H » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Great Job, so far :thumbright: I am hoping to make a start on a small railway of my own this year, covid etc permitting, may I ask what track you are using as I wish to run a mamod loco also,