The End Of FWLR

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: The End Of FWLR

Post by Lonsdaler » Wed May 23, 2018 9:28 am

Nicely 'restored' Rod; I'm sure some wouldn't take as much care. The last photo is rather poignant - knowing there was once a thriving railway there, now gone forever (at that site, of course ;) )
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 am

Thanks Phil, we did try to look after the place has if it was our own. :thumbright:

Not long to go now before we move and give it a couple of weeks to settle in, then it’s onwards and upwards. :thumbright: :thumbright:

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu May 24, 2018 12:21 pm

FWLR wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 am Thanks Phil, we did try to look after the place has if it was our own. :thumbright:

Not long to go now before we move and give it a couple of weeks to settle in, then it’s onwards and upwards. :thumbright: :thumbright:
I'm looking forward to seeiing your reincarnation in your new home Rod. Is the new garden larger or smaller than your present one?

Ian
Ian

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 am

To be honest Ian, I can’t remember :roll: It’s been sone weeks since we looked at the place, but of hand I think it maybe slightly smaller… I do need to think of Anne and the Grandkids though with the garden…. It doesn’t have a walkway like this place i.e. A patio along side the garage and garden.

But I am sure we will have something that is suitable for running locos…… :thumbright: :thumbright:

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 am

FWLR wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 am To be honest Ian, I can’t remember :roll: It’s been sone weeks since we looked at the place, but of hand I think it maybe slightly smaller… I do need to think of Anne and the Grandkids though with the garden…. It doesn’t have a walkway like this place i.e. A patio along side the garage and garden.

But I am sure we will have something that is suitable for running locos…… :thumbright: :thumbright:
Sounds like you have similar issues to me, but for different reasons. I am trying to fit my railway into a smallish garden and keep any disturbance and intrusion to a minimum. I don't have a lot of time so want something I can do without major building work, and my wife has sight issues so I'd like to keep the existing layout as much as possible.

Ian
Ian

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:59 pm

It has taken me about 18 months to work up any enthusiasm for railway modelling after a house move. I have tinkered a bit, but the energy levels have not been there after dealing with a year as an interim pastor, a new parish, and on top of that, the "new" house stuff. The house was built c.1890, like my fictional railways, so it throws up some problems and challenges such as 1890s 2x8 not being the same size as 2018 2x8!

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.