Andrew and the Chocolate Factory

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Andrew

Re: Andrew and the Chocolate Factory

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks Philip!

Yes, I went along yesterday - I was there while this piece was being filmed. The little loco looked lovely in the sunshine, it really brought a smile to people's faces. It was offering short brake van rides along the platform and into a siding - I'm looking forward to seeing it on a longer run sometime, because when it heads down the line to Avon Riverside it will actually pass the factory where it used to work. I've never seen a Sentinel steam loco in action before, and it's very different from conventional locos, because of the way it's driven via gears and chains I guess. There's no chuff-chuff-chuff, but lots of hissing steam and a sort of whirring noise - rather like a Slomo!

Here's a couple of photos:

Fry's sentinel 1.jpg
Fry's sentinel 1.jpg (341.12 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
Fry's sentinel 2.jpg
Fry's sentinel 2.jpg (259.71 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

I really must crack on with my model - I'm mostly concentrating on the outdoor line now, but yesterday inspired me to move on with the loco when I get the chance...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 pm

I was pleased to see that the BBC Chocolate Train item made their 5 "most watched", all good publicity. It was below "Paris police fire tear gas" but above "Meghan closes car door"!!!

If anyone's in the Brizzle area the Fry's Sentinel will be running again tomorrow...

Andrew.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks for the link Phillip. :thumbright: