Andrew and the Chocolate Factory

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Andrew and the Chocolate Factory

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi Andrew, I can offer you this 3 pin connector (M/F) pre-wired with 30cm wire between. I think they are Futaba connectors but unsure. I use them in all of my RC locos and they work just fine.
Anyway, I bought them as a pack of fifty so have one for you if you wish. Just send a PM with your address and it will be in the post tomorrow.
IMG_6104.JPG
IMG_6104.JPG (94.92 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 am

Thanks Andrew, that's a brilliant idea on how to bend Plasticard, the drawing may well come in handy.

Peter's Futaba lead will be great for the wiring, I have bought one in the past, but possibly a bit more than what Peter paid. I was new to all this..... still am.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:11 am

Peter Butler wrote: ↑Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm Hi Andrew, I can offer you this 3 pin connector (M/F) pre-wired with 30cm wire between. I think they are Futaba connectors but unsure. I use them in all of my RC locos and they work just fine.
Anyway, I bought them as a pack of fifty so have one for you if you wish. Just send a PM with your address and it will be in the post tomorrow.

IMG_6104.JPG
Wow, that looks perfect, thanks Peter! I remember seeing them on your thread now, but had forgotten all about them. PM on the way...

Andrew

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am

Can you send one to me to Peter...... :roll: :roll: ... :lol: :lol:

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm sure you know all about this Andrew, but for the benefit of all...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... eams-again
Philip

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks Philip!

Yes, I went along yesterday - I was there while this piece was being filmed. The little loco looked lovely in the sunshine, it really brought a smile to people's faces. It was offering short brake van rides along the platform and into a siding - I'm looking forward to seeing it on a longer run sometime, because when it heads down the line to Avon Riverside it will actually pass the factory where it used to work. I've never seen a Sentinel steam loco in action before, and it's very different from conventional locos, because of the way it's driven via gears and chains I guess. There's no chuff-chuff-chuff, but lots of hissing steam and a sort of whirring noise - rather like a Slomo!

Here's a couple of photos:

Fry's sentinel 1.jpg
Fry's sentinel 1.jpg (341.12 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Fry's sentinel 2.jpg
Fry's sentinel 2.jpg (259.71 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

I really must crack on with my model - I'm mostly concentrating on the outdoor line now, but yesterday inspired me to move on with the loco when I get the chance...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 pm

I was pleased to see that the BBC Chocolate Train item made their 5 "most watched", all good publicity. It was below "Paris police fire tear gas" but above "Meghan closes car door"!!!

If anyone's in the Brizzle area the Fry's Sentinel will be running again tomorrow...

Andrew.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks for the link Phillip. :thumbright: