Bit of sad news

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Big Jim

Bit of sad news

Post by Big Jim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

I might be a little late with this one but it would appear that the Teifi Valley Railway is no more.
I just checked their website as I was going to get the wife to take myself and my son and heir up there on the weekend.
It would appear that during an ORR inspection the track was found to be in a poor state and they have been stopped from running trains.
Most of the track has now been lifted and a land train is running up the track bed.
The website states that the track will be relaid in the autumn to allow trains to run next year and I hope this is the case.
I do have my doubts as local gossip suggests that when the chap who took over the running of the line last year this was going to be his plan.
Apparently the site is still open and the loco Alan George is on display at Henllan.
I have been a regular visitor (every 6 weeks or so) to this line over the last few years as it is our local NG line and a day out there is always good fun for my son.
I know they have had problems in the past but things were looking up the last time we went at the beginning of July.
I do hope this is not going to be the end of a very nice little line, staffed by very friendly people.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!