Ashover Coach (the 315mm:foot version)

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
MDLR
Driver
Driver

Ashover Coach (the 315mm:foot version)

Post by MDLR » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:42 pm

.............. was spotted today in the narrow gaige shed at Swanwick Junction. It's due out for the Railex weekend (16-17 August) but has been down the line twice already for clearance trials.

Bearing in mind that it came in without steps, it only cleared the doorway by an inch-and-a-half each side when it came out, and one point lever in the yard had to be "adjusted" to allow it out.

There's only 4 weeks to go, so there's a fair amount of pressure to get the top coat of paint on................

Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm

They'll need to get on the phone to Leighton Buzzard and get Baldwin 778 to come down and pull it! :D

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 pm

How long before we see a reunion with her sisters in Lincolnshire? ;)

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Baldwin 778 (and a WD bogie wagon) ARE coming for the Railex weekend (16-17 August) - there may well be a photo charter as well, but it's going to be a VERY short visit with VERY limited chance to view it........
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

SapperAnt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SapperAnt » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Hoping I'm free that weekend....... :D

Steamcoaster
Cleaner
Cleaner

Ashover Help

Post by Steamcoaster » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:07 am

Hi

I'm still plodding on with my Ashover coach. The Andel bogies I made have a lot of friction in when the weight of the model is imposed and it does not roll well, so I'm looking at Swift Sixteen or Wrigthscale instead. Any tips?

Also, Brandbright have stopped selling many product lines including their Ashover Coach kit. Are there any unmade kits out there which someone would part with?

Many thanks for the photo Brian - just what I needed.

Cheers

Rupert

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Ashover Help

Post by andymctractor » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:46 am

Steamcoaster:106730 wrote:The Andel bogies I made have a lot of friction in when the weight of the model is imposed and it does not roll well, so I'm looking at Swift Sixteen or Wrigthscale instead. Any tips?  Rupert
The Swift Sixteen bogies are simple to construct, robust and very convincing with a wagon/coach mounted on them.  The Wrightlines bogies are more expensive and a bit more fiddly to put together however they are convincing without a wagon/coach mounted on them or from underneath.  There is more detail on the Wrightlines version.
I bought my Wrightlines bogies just before Swift Sixteen bought their's out and am thinking of using two of them as wagon loads so that I can display the normally unseen detail to its best advantage.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)