Battery powered loco survey

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Battery powered loco survey

Post by ge_rik » Sat May 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Hi folks
Just in case you've missed it. I've created Part 2 of a survey on battery locos and how (and why) you use them. I've had 113 responses so far and am thinking of running the survey until the end of the week then I'll post a link to an analysis of the survey on here. If you've not responded so far then ....
https://forms.gle/DBZzYMFMK2T6G4Th9

Thanks Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu May 12, 2022 9:58 am

Sorry Rik, I missed your first survey and it did have some very interesting questions and answers. I have just done the second survey and the answers from that are also very interesting.

I enjoy both steam and battery, but I would never go to track power. No matter what that guy said about the virtues of track power he seems a bit deluded for me. :dontknow: He also doesn't mention anything on British garden railways, or any other country's for that matter! It shows how much he knows about battery powered loco's and the joys of running one. I do find them a lot easier than live steam, but I also enjoy my one and only Roundhouse 'Billy' too. It does need to be driven on most lines because I don't believe that there are perfectly level lines anywhere. I really hope I haven't started an (argument) about that. But you will also have to drive battery powered loco's too won't you. I did on my lines before and I suppose I still will when we can get our new line started. It is having to wait until after the Llangollen show this weekend and also some other things need our attention. I need to start and finish projects before starting on another one, :roll: :roll:

Orders from Anne, I know she is looking after me...

Sorry for going on Rik. BTW, is the forum that guys. If it is, I don't think he keeps the members on there for that long :dontknow:

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm

Thanks Rod
No. He doesn't own the forum (thank goodness). He seems to have calmed down a bit since we started our "discussion' but he does seem to flare up at what seem to me to be fairly innocuous comments. I think he takes any suggestion or viewpoint which differs from his own as a personal insult. A pity because he does have a fair amount of useful experience which could be helpful to others.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon May 16, 2022 4:39 pm

I've now closed the second survey and analysed the results
https://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... art-2.html

Rik
------------------------