Coronavirus and shows

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Coronavirus and shows

Post by JMORG » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi guys,
Any updates on what show's are still going ahead? The AGM will only be a few weeks away so hopefully it isn't postponed!

BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Coronavirus and shows

Post by BorisSpencer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Currently the AGM is still on, there was an announcement to that effect from the board yesterday.
Up to date information here: https://www.16mm.org.uk/category/shed-notices/

Warwick, this weekend, is also still on.
Up to date information here: https://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk ... -rail-show

I'll be attending each of the above.

BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BorisSpencer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Warwick was quiet today.
Seemed to be a general air of resignation amongst the people to whom I spoke, that this will be the last show for some time.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Judging by today's revelations, it looks as if some of us are shortly going to have 3 months' worth of social isolation to really crack on with some serious modelling...... 😏

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Our local modelling group have a busy exhibition programme for the whole of the year, all of the exhibitions we attend are organised by other groups and clubs so we suffer no financial loss, however, they will.
The first such show is due to be held at the end of March, only two weeks away. So far there has been no communication from them to cancel.
We have been told by the management team of the care home where we hold monthly meetings, that we will not be allowed to continue until further notice. Now I find this quite bizarre when the room we use is set aside for hire only, not for resident's use, and is separated from the residential areas by secured access doors. Also we meet from 7-9 pm once a month and see little or no signs of anyone else during that time. But.... we can continue to use their restaurant each Friday where we will be in close contact with residents for longer periods of time!
Makes perfect sense to me ?????
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am

Peter Butler wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:04 pm Our local modelling group have a busy exhibition programme for the whole of the year, all of the exhibitions we attend are organised by other groups and clubs so we suffer no financial loss, however, they will.
The first such show is due to be held at the end of March, only two weeks away. So far there has been no communication from them to cancel.
We have been told by the management team of the care home where we hold monthly meetings, that we will not be allowed to continue until further notice. Now I find this quite bizarre when the room we use is set aside for hire only, not for resident's use, and is separated from the residential areas by secured access doors. Also we meet from 7-9 pm once a month and see little or no signs of anyone else during that time. But.... we can continue to use their restaurant each Friday where we will be in close contact with residents for longer periods of time!
Makes perfect sense to me ?????
By any chance, do you pay for meals at the restaurant?

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:52 pm

My thinking entirely.... we do pay a small amount for the hire of the room once a month, but we pay for 8 - 10 meals in the restaurant each week.... money talks!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Despite saying that they would make a decision at a meeting this coming Wednesday, the 16mm Association have today postponed the AGM and show, to a date to be announced.
https://www.16mm.org.uk/2020/03/16/nati ... -covid-19/
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077