Garden Rail Magazine

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Garden Rail Magazine

Post by ge_rik » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 pm

FWLR wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 am It seems we have another absolutely brilliant article in this months Garden Rail Magazine from our own Rik Bennett.....ge_rik for those members who are not acquitted with him.
It is another well written article with some very well presented and explained photos on how he built his Loading Hoppers for Peckforton Light Railway at Bickerton...
Well done Rik....you must be on to being a millionaire now with those articles..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the plug, Rod. Unfortunately, they don't pay that we'll, so I'll not be ordering the yacht any time soon. Maybe a rubber dinghy.... ;)

Rik
PS - I wonder when visiting times are for those who weren't acquitted with me..... :lol: (dratted spell checkers!)
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 am

ge_rik wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 pm
FWLR wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 am It seems we have another absolutely brilliant article in this months Garden Rail Magazine from our own Rik Bennett.....ge_rik for those members who are not acquainted with him.
It is another well written article with some very well presented and explained photos on how he built his Loading Hoppers for Peckforton Light Railway at Bickerton...
Well done Rik....you must be on to being a millionaire now with those articles..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the plug, Rod. Unfortunately, they don't pay that we'll, so I'll not be ordering the yacht any time soon. Maybe a rubber dinghy.... ;)

Rik
PS - I wonder when visiting times are for those who weren't acquitted with me..... :lol: (dratted spell checkers!)
:oops: :oops: :oops: So sorry Rik.....I just forgot one of my own checks there....

Acquainted everyone...... :lol: :lol:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 am

Received Augusts issue yesterday and I have to say, though it is thin again, the amount of some interesting articles is very good. There is an article, the first one in the magazine about something a lot of us try to do. Building on a budget! Tells you about turning a fishpond into mountains. A very good read that. There are loads of others, one is building a Kippo Model's GWR Signal Box. I myself haven't heard of Kippo Model's, I am sure other members will have. And it's Gauge 3. A rolling stock article, lots of construction builds this month, even one from the editor, which some will find interesting. Review on the Accucraft Dolgoch. A few new products have been announced and one that has kind of come to my attention, for what I am contemplating to buy one day ( a 3D printer ) is a company called ALD Print, that has produced a file to download and print a Gauge 1 16 ton mineral wagon. It can be scaled up, which when I buy a printer I will bending more competent members ears...
There is a lot to read this month and I really enjoyed all of the articles.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Got my copy yesterday in the post, but I didn't have time to look at it because we were out enjoying the sunshine again.

Though it is thin again, apparently because of COVID-19. How many of you are fed up with it... The magazine however has some excellent articles though. One is of the "Beston Castle" by ge_rik. Again brilliantly written Rik, shows what you can do with a few breeze blocks. The Cottage gardening article is another superb write up, has is the construction of a Drewery Railmotor. A really simple build, though the author did his in Brass, Plasticard would be a fairly easy build one feels. There are also two very easy builds of a 7/8th's scale ammunition's wagon, perfect in the Remembrance Year of the "Battle of Britain". Also one from the author on a build he did with design from a signal box but he converted to a chapel, very nice indeed.

There is however a "Botch job" if that's some may call it, I though think, WHY...Considering the hassle he had with converting the gauge that Hornby have done for their "Hogwarts Express" apparently Hornby have done a gauge that will only run on the own track for this..Not much good for us who run 32 and 45mm gauge. It is slightly bigger than 45mm.

There is other articles on garden designs and builds and a couple of new releases, though one is a old release I feel.
Still a very good issue with some brilliant articles.

Can't wait for Novembers.....