Christmas holidays

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
dewintondave
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Christmas holidays

Post by dewintondave » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 am

I've got a 2 week and 2 day staycation starting right now. I'm hoping for some good productive garden railway time, and loco building time. What are you hoping to do?
Best wishes,
Dave

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Christmas holidays

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:16 am

For the first time in a long time I have the rest of December off (started Wednesday this week) so looking forward to getting some running in starting this Saturday on another local line with my coal fired dragon :thumbup:

philipy

Post by philipy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:32 pm

dewintondave wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 am What are you hoping to do?
Well, we WERE booked to fly to Marsa Alam on the Egyptian Red Sea coast for 2 weeks from yesterday until after New Year. However, having got up at 4-45am yesterday we spent from 7-30am yesterday until approx 3pm amongst about 100,000 people in the chaos at Gatwick due to the morons with the drones. We were then told to go home and come back again this morning. That wasn't an option since the car had been taken away to off-airport parking. Local hotels were all packed solid and in the end we caught the train down to Brighton and found a hotel there. Went back to the airport for about 8 am this morning, to be told that both the flight and the holiday had been cancelled. So we then had to wait 3 hours for the car to be brought back. Followed by a 2 hour drive home.

Currently in the midst of trying to find something else!

I feel a Bah Humbug moment coming on!
Philip

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm

F*** all if I have any say in the matter :mrgreen:

I have been working 2 full time jobs for the past 8 weeks and have not had a single day off. I need a rest.....

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Running around like an idiot from now (well since december 1st) until 2pm on Christmas day. Home to cook the dinner and collapse until boxing day when I have another service. Then sleep until my name changes to Rip van Jim.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:25 pm

No rest for the wicked. I actually have quite a lot to do in the workshop. The new fiber laser was just moved in there. Still need to move things around and finish up some insulation work. I was so busy with cutting jobs on the small CO2 laser that I didn't have time to get things done before the fiber arrived.

WSlaser.jpg
WSlaser.jpg (225.14 KiB) Viewed 3579 times

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Very Nice.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:53 pm

philipy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:32 pm
dewintondave wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 am What are you hoping to do?
Well, we WERE booked to fly to Marsa Alam on the Egyptian Red Sea coast for 2 weeks from yesterday until after New Year. However, having got up at 4-45am yesterday we spent from 7-30am yesterday until approx 3pm amongst about 100,000 people in the chaos at Gatwick due to the morons with the drones. We were then told to go home and come back again this morning. That wasn't an option since the car had been taken away to off-airport parking. Local hotels were all packed solid and in the end we caught the train down to Brighton and found a hotel there. Went back to the airport for about 8 am this morning, to be told that both the flight and the holiday had been cancelled. So we then had to wait 3 hours for the car to be brought back. Followed by a 2 hour drive home.

Currently in the midst of trying to find something else!

I feel a Bah Humbug moment coming on!
I bet.

Sorry to here of your misfortune. I hope you manage to get away in the end.