Another milestone reached

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: Another milestone reached

Post by Lonsdaler » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:11 am

IanC wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:58 pm Happy Birthday from me too. 60 isn't too bad. I've passed that milestone too.
And Happy Birthday from me Derek - you are clearly one of the youngsters among us! :lol:
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:23 am

bazzer42 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm I'm 60 tomorrow but that's nothing compared to 500,000 views. That is a milestone to be proud of.....60 isn't :(
Happy birthday! Hope there will be a special service on the Vale of Fairway to celebrate... (weather permitting!)

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 am

Peter Butler wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:00 pm Hearty Birthday greetings from me too, I hope you have a great day and enjoy the occasion.
My own next birthday will be 70, but not just yet. You have much catching up to do!
Thanks guys, I have to say that I found 60 more painful mentally than either 40 or 50. Alas, no train pictures as I've been busy sorting a fancy dress booze up to celebrate (?) I did find time to buy a BRM model railway mag with an Emett style railway in it "Scratchy Bottom Halt".. Hence the quote for Peter, if you want it cut out and sent on let me know Peter.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 am

Belated birthday greetings, Derek. Hope the booze up went well, though maybe if you can remember it, it didn't..... :?

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 pm

bazzer42 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 am I did find time to buy a BRM model railway mag with an Emett style railway in it "Scratchy Bottom Halt".. Hence the quote for Peter, if you want it cut out and sent on let me know Peter.

Yes please..... PM sent!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Yes, well, 60 passed by fairly smoothly....a glass of Sambuca, vodka and Baileys (scary spice lived up to her name) on top of Jaegar bombs made for a lively evening for poor old Dick Van Dyke. Went down with a stinking cold last week but cleaned the railway the weekend and beginning to think plastic wood may be better than wooden wood :D
I shall return soon, if you have yet to read it then get your eyes over to Rmwenb and McMullen Coal thread ....35 pages of garden railway cleverness.
Love Dick
FB_IMG_1543262652907.jpg
FB_IMG_1543262652907.jpg (47.98 KiB) Viewed 6025 times

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Congratulations on your retirement.

Here is the link to the railway Bazzer mentions.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... way/page-1

I have been fortunate to visit the builder and his railway on several occasions and I can confirm it's even better than the pictures suggest. His work rate certainly puts me to shame, not to mention his eye for detail and wonderful workmanship.
Ian

philipy

Post by philipy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pm

IanC wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 pm Congratulations on your retirement.

Here is the link to the railway Bazzer mentions.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... way/page-1

I have been fortunate to visit the builder and his railway on several occasions and I can confirm it's even better than the pictures suggest. His work rate certainly puts me to shame, not to mention his eye for detail and wonderful workmanship.
Ian,
Thanks for that link. It really does look a superb line and also the construction detail further down the thread is fantastic.
Philip

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Thank you Derek and Ian....... I was watching the McMullen Coal Co. on another Forum site some years ago and was sorry to see it deleted by Bob, I thought I would never see it again but thanks to you, and Bob, it has been revealed. I love everything about this railway, especially how it is made from recycled items and put together in a seemingly casual manner with such incredible results.
I do hope it will stay on-line for others to enjoy and be inspirational to us all. I love it!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 am

Peter Butler wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:28 pm Thank you Derek and Ian....... I was watching the McMullen Coal Co. on another Forum site some years ago and was sorry to see it deleted by Bob, I thought I would never see it again but thanks to you, and Bob, it has been revealed. I love everything about this railway, especially how it is made from recycled items and put together in a seemingly casual manner with such incredible results.
I do hope it will stay on-line for others to enjoy and be inspirational to us all. I love it!
Peter,

I wasn't aware it had been deleted on another forum. For some reason Bob has been refused membership on here, but his workmanship, like yours, Rik's and others would certainly be an asset to the forum in my opinion. I am fortunate to have acquired some of Bob's surplus buildings and they are indeed superb in every respect. I am amazed at what many people, including me, wouldn't look at, however Bob sees potential in to make into a masterpiece. I recall him turning a plastic bread delivery tray into a magnificent girder bridge! I can't reveal too much, but some pictures of the railway may appear in print next year.
Ian

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 am

IanC wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 am For some reason Bob has been refused membership on here, but his workmanship, like yours, Rik's and others would certainly be an asset to the forum in my opinion. I am fortunate to have acquired some of Bob's surplus buildings and they are indeed superb in every respect.
That seems very odd Ian. I' hope Tom will be able to throw some light on this?
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm

What a wonderful railway. I love the way he's developed the line on a shoestring. His detailing is superb - really like the way he made those ore tubs out of pate containers. I've seen tubs constructed from similar items before but not seen them constructed to such a realistic standard. Spent a happy hour or so browsing through the thread.

Thanks for the link

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Glad others see the same, just wish I had the skill to turn the mundane into a work of art.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I don't remember refusing anyone membership recently?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:40 am

bazzer42 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:01 pm Glad others see the same, just wish I had the skill to turn the mundane into a work of art.
Same here Derek...