Bargain Waggons

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Bargain Waggons

Post by SillyBilly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello All!
It all began with the above eBay lot, which I won for £5 (inc. postage), the lot was for 2 nasty looking 32mm gauge open waggons, fitted with steel wheel sets. They turned up looking a little worse for wear, and a little over scale for my current locos. So a decision was made that they will accompany my Accucraft 'Edrig' when I get it. The worst aspects were the axle boxes on the longer waggon, these were crude, and had seen so much running that the journals were oval, also all the couplings, which were just ridiculous!

So the longer waggon's axle boxes were replaced with I.P Engineering 'Quarry Style' ones, and all couplings with 'Roundhouse Style' ones, also from I.P. The next step was to decide upon what loads the waggons would be designated with, one was to be a coal waggon, the other a boat carrying vehicle(mainly because I'd just broken one of my put-put boats). This gave me an idea of what strapping style would be required. I've now reached a stage where all the strapping has been applied, apart from the finishing touches of the coal waggon's doors. Once this is done I shall paint them with the metalwork in black, and bodywork in a shade of brown. I'll then need to make a coal load for the coal waggon, and some 'feet' for the boat, so that it doesn't rock around. I'm quite pleased with progress so far, but you can judge for yourself from the photos bellow.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:22 pm

great job sb

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Looking good!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:05 pm

I bid on em when they were on Ebay, but now I'm glad I didn't win. But you've made a nice job of them now SB!