Ffestiniog carriages

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Ffestiniog carriages

Post by JMORG » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi all,
Moel Tryfan is coming along slowly (frames are being fettled into shaped, driving wheels are finished and the rear bogie is finished, along with lots of minor components)
I am currently looking at nice stock for it (along with our Peter Angus "James Spooner") have the NWNGR open waggon from IP and I am hoping to aquire a cut down summer carriage to become carriage 23.
Apart from Worsley, does anyone else do a model of the bowsider carriages? Brandbright have unfortunately stopped doing them :([/b]

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi,

Apart from Worsley Works, I don't think anyone does anymore at least not in 32mm. GRS do a 45mm version but its a based on rather than a prototypical model. I could draw some up for you if you wanted? PM me privately if you're interested.

Cheers,

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Jurassic models do, and VERY nice they are too, but they're about £200 each I think. I was thinking about it, but the cost and length persuaded me to bodge a short version from an IP kit...

If you want to stick to kits you could go down the WHR route with the IP Gladstone Car to go with your summer car, and then borrow a brake from the FR courtesy of the Brandbright kit for Van 2. Or you could scratchbuild a WHR Pickering brake, like wot I did - straight sides and square windows, not too tricky...

Andrew.