Articulated Coaches

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Articulated Coaches

Post by williamfj » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 am

I'm very impressed with what people can do with the very American in appearance G scale Bachmann coaches for example;
Peter Butler's observation coach

Andrew's Corris esque coach

I've also seen in the flesh a set of 3 modified Bachmann coaches recently, not only have their bodies been Anglicised but they are articulated. The bogies are mounted on the outer 2 coaches with the middle coach simply dropping in place. As far as I can remember the bodies had the ends cut off, ride hight lowered, new roofs made and were repainted. For some reason (just assume stupidity) I failed to take a picture of the rake! :oops:
Here are some photos showing the articulation set up used on them. Perhaps some sort of gates/ chains are needed between the coaches!

I'm tempted to get 3/4 cheap coaches and bash them into an Anglicised and articulated rake.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Most interesting, very few seem to have attempted articulation, although it is rather rare except on experimental standard gauge and miniature railways.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Ah, but that'll make any rake stand out more, unless I inadvertently cause a rash of them to be built thus rendering them all rather uninteresting.
On the other hand I don't think I need to worry too much about that though! :lol:

jay1976
Fireman
Fireman

Post by jay1976 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 am

there was a set up on ebay a few months ago they was green but more play trains that real thing..1 had a band on it the other animals and 3rd was a party coach..got a pic i think somewhere..