Ffestiniog Railway Observation Carr No.102

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Ffestiniog Railway Observation Carr No.102

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Hello,
As promised here are some photos of my latest project, a 16mm scale Ffestiniog Railway Obsservation Carr No.102, see here www.frheritage.org.uk/wiki/Carriage_102. I've had to get rid of the second (small) disabled access door on the entrance to the guard's compartment and 4 first class seats will be missing, but this is only because I don't think a 600mm (it's 400mm) long coach will fancy my railway.

I've decided to dedicate the coach to Fred Boughey who passed away a few days before I began construction, he was one of the key players in the Ffestiniog's revival, but more to the point designed the Barn Carrs, the design which this coach is built to.
These photos show perhaps how well respected he was in the Ffestiniog 'family', www.roger-dimmick.fotopic.net/p53825879.html.

Now for the Coach:
The real coach is First Class and therefore has blue carpet, the brown represts the mat for wiping your feet
Positioned with the Mamod because its the sort of loco everyone knows the propotions of

I'm quite happy, but any criticism however bad will be digested.......

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:48 pm

fantastic mate! well done!
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:24 pm

That is truly stunning, though have you painted the floor? Because I use felt to replicate carpet and I think it looks quite convincing. But otherwise, the detail is fantastic, the beading is truly brilliant and convincing and quite frankly that coach is making me drool and making me want to build a standard barn to go with it (just need drawings)
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:58 pm

nice coach mate :D
wish we could get them here

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Nicely constructed and detailed. Looks very good. *Is jealous at all these people who can make these fantastic models.* Ah well, I'll just stick to writing about them.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 pm

Coming on nicely Will! I'd go with laal's method, using blue felt instead of paint...

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I'm far from happy with it, but, I don't feel I can better it, so it stays untill I can't stand it anymore and my skills have improved.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 pm

That looks fine to me, I think you should be pleased with that, I wouldn't have a clue about the domed end
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."