LNWR/GS&WR/GSR "Lake"

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:22 am

I finally managed to get my paws on a can of Rustoleum Painter's Touch Kona Brown from, of all places, the local Mal-Wart.  Much as hate Mal-Wart, the church vacuum had finally given up, and we needed a replacement, so I thought I might as well check out the rattle cans, and the work trousers whilst there.

Yep, Kona Brown is the closest match I have come across.  I hit the T&D Brake Compo and the MNR brake van with it, and they now look fit for GSR crests and lettering.  I have a little four-wheeler third that needs painting which I will do tomorrow.  I ran out of light tonight. This far south and with no DST the evenings are rather short.

Cheers,
Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

Paul H
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Paul H » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Peter,
I had not seen this thread 3 years ago when it was originally active, but you hit upon the colour that I was going to suggest. It was what I found in a rattle can that looked right for Isle of Man bogie coaches is the lake and cream livery.

Paul

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Paul,

When I had seen it before I thought it was a bit too brown, so I discounted it. Seems I was misled by being under fluorescent light. Good suggestion on your part!

How is modelling the IMR rainbow era going?

Peter
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.