Gauge One Rolling Stock in 1:32 scale

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Andrew

Re: Gauge One Rolling Stock in 1:32 scale

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Those are very impressive! I don't know much about the detail of SR carriages, but those look spot on. I like 'em all, but especially the vans, which are so distinctively Southern...

All the best,

Andrew.

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Day after we left lockdown mark 2 and I was at GMES running again! This time giving the newly built Ruston, Thanets and Continentals test running. Safe to say they all did very well! With the business winding down for the year, time to get some more stuff drawn up! Currently looking at a set of SR designed wagons in G1 but if there's time, I've got a load of other pre grouping to follow including the brake vans I've wanted for a while. The SECR Dance Hall, SR Queen Mary and LSWR Road van!

After a couple more coaches are built, I think that will be the personal side of the project complete annoyingly. While its great that the commercial side of me is now viewing Gauge one differently, still good to have gotten the personal stuff out the way before it goes full commercial. But that said, 3 coaches left before I've got enough personal stock to keep me busy plus a load of GWR wagons in time isn't a bad way to transition from Personal to Commercial. Just annoying that the 3 coaches need to be a different loading gauge to the rest of the coaches that will come with them so they match the existing coaches! Ah well.....

Ruston on a restricted test train of 2 Thanets and the Corridor Baggage Van

Ruston with full Thanet set and matching Baggage Van

Baguley running with the Thanets

Thanets sat in a siding

Baguley and Continentals ready for testing

Continentals during their first proper test run

Just need to crack on with other bits now! At least I've got some time to do it now.......

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

Garethh
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Garethh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:27 am

Looking good! If you haven’t got enough projects on the go, I’ll be looking for something to run behind the 4f when it’s eventually finished...

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Garethh wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:27 am Looking good! If you haven’t got enough projects on the go, I’ll be looking for something to run behind the 4f when it’s eventually finished...
Always happy to take on more projects! If you've got something in mind, let me know!

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Latest Projects

With the personal side slowly coming to a end, the number of newer models is steadily falling. Doesn't mean a number of firsts can't be done though!

The 3rd 100 seater is now done and this one is in BR Crimson to match the pushpull set.

As a number of them were pushpull fitted, it makes sense to have a longer set! Also means I can run them as a longer train at GMES!

Goods stock hasn't been left behind either.

I now have 4 more brake vans including the Dance Hall and Queen Mary Brake Vans.

Plus a because I could model, a Dover Ferry Wagon!

Lots more wagons are now done including examples of both the SECR and SR Maunsell Goods Vans plus extra opens.

While I don't own a GWR engine (yet), I now have a small GWR set to run with one! Again another of the wants now crossed off the list.

New additions wise, Maunsell Coaches, LBSCR Billington, LSWR Cross Country and then that's the list mostly done! Well, except some Bullieds...... And more Maunsells...... and Mark 1s....... In fact, the more I think about it the more the list grows!

Rebuilding the Railway!

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 am

Wow that's some rolling stock you have there. I really do like the Dover Ferry wagon very much. :thumbright: :thumbright:
In fact I like all of your stock... :salute:

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:42 pm

Speaking of more models off the personal list, the first set of Maunsell Coaches have finally been completed. 4 Restriction 0 coaches covering all 4 versions. Next plan corridor wise will be some Restriction 1 coaches once I've done the remaining Compartment Coaches and a Hastings Unit (now that will be something to see). Naturally everything is storage dependant. I only have 2 slots spare of storage for longer vehicles and both of those at the moment are down for the 33/0 and 33/2 (first of which won't be long).

The 4 Coaches together.

The four coaches with the very engine they're designed to run with. And looking great. Really making me want to build some more maunsells now.......

While technically a request, I've also built a Scenery Van which is something different. I wasn't originally planning one but seeing as the Bluebell have one, makes sense (my Gauge 1 plans follow the Bluebell to a extent).

Next stock wise, LSWR and LBSCR Compartment coaches and then if space allows, some Restriction 1s........

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am

After another mass painting session, more stock has now been fully finished.

The Maunsell Coaches are now Olive Green which looks absolutely stunning. Although I do think I need some more now as just 4 is a little lonely. Good job I've got some Restriction 1 maunsells planned! Just need to work out the sides so they curve nicely. But then I'll want to do the General Saloons as well. Oh well! I won't say not to effectively a up to 10 coach Maunsell Coach set even if I end up with 3 Brake coaches....... That said, the second wave of Maunsells would look good with the continentals also being restriction 1. Now I've just given myself even more work...... Good job I like Maunsells! That said, I'm aware space is starting to run low and if I want Bullieds as well........ Space will need to be carefully managed.

The formerly what ended up being BR green, the Thanets/Bogie Luggage Van are now in Maunsell Green to match everything else. At least this gives me the option to run a full 11 coach Corridor Set abet with Continental Brake Coaches to allow for easy coupling up between the Pullman Connector Coaches and British Standard connectors. Plus having all 11 corridor vehicles in one box now means a fully matching train can be run.

I've also painted the final two PMVs with the Elephant Van and Covar Van both now being SR Green along with the Van C and B having touch ups.

Literally looking at the list of what I've like to do and it's only getting longer...... GWR Coaches (I mean, I wanted a set anyway plus I'm getting requests constantly thanks to a certain 43xx so I'm doing the set I want with any sales being a bonus) plus Restriction 1 Maunsells and a Hastings Unit (again, why not!). Also because of the fact I want to model the Isle of Wight at some point, some Isle of Wight Coaches are coming..... So only 17 coaches in the pipeline! Plus a Hastings which will be a 4 coach set. So that's 21...... I'm gonna have to seriously see what I've got space wise with all that! I know a box will hold 11 coaches so the GWR Coaches and Isle of Wight are sorted. I also know I have space for the Hastings unit. It's the new 6 Maunsells I'd have to find room for. So many ideas, so little time and space.

Rebuilding the Railway!

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 am

Those all look amazing Jon, well done indeed.
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:24 am

Wow! Absolutely stunning. I'd love to see a video of them trundling, or should that be whizzing, round behind a Schools class or similar.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 pm

Green with envy. Love the vans.

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks for all the comments everyone!
ge_rik wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:24 am Wow! Absolutely stunning. I'd love to see a video of them trundling, or should that be whizzing, round behind a Schools class or similar.

Rik
Funny you should mention that........ While the 5 Coach compartment coach set were the main runners, the corridor coaches also ran at the last GMES Gala! Video of which is attached! I'm also putting some others on youtube now for people to view!

GMES Gala - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghAz_2EEzo

I doubt the gauge one will run for a while now as I've got a 16mm fleet that needs running. But never say never! I doubt it'll be long until the gauge one runs again.

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:25 pm

angr607 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:30 pm Thanks for all the comments everyone!
ge_rik wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:24 am Wow! Absolutely stunning. I'd love to see a video of them trundling, or should that be whizzing, round behind a Schools class or similar.

Rik
Funny you should mention that........ While the 5 Coach compartment coach set were the main runners, the corridor coaches also ran at the last GMES Gala! Video of which is attached! I'm also putting some others on youtube now for people to view!

GMES Gala - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghAz_2EEzo

I doubt the gauge one will run for a while now as I've got a 16mm fleet that needs running. But never say never! I doubt it'll be long until the gauge one runs again.

Jon
Yay! I love the clickety clack as they go past the camera

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Phil.P
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Phil.P » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Jon,
If you want another gauge 1 challenge?

I am after a string of MGR wagons.. ;)

About 17,ought to do it, I reckon!?

Phil.P

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Phil.P wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:49 pm Jon,
If you want another gauge 1 challenge?

I am after a string of MGR wagons.. ;)

About 17,ought to do it, I reckon!?

Phil.P
If that's a firm I'd order 17, then drop me a message. Cause that number would make perfect sense to do a kit of :)

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm

As Rik has said, it's lovely hearing the clicketty clack as the trains go past - very difficult to get the same cadence modelling 16mm narrow gauge :)
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

Garethh
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Garethh » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 am

Looks like a good day down there! I’m curious about the q1 that makes an appearance in the background a few times, do you know anything about it?

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Garethh wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 am Looks like a good day down there! I’m curious about the q1 that makes an appearance in the background a few times, do you know anything about it?
Hi,

Don't know much about it if I'm honest. I think its a Orion Models one but its been heavily modified. Belongs to another member.

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Another month, another coach. This time the last Restriction 0 Maunsell Coach which brings the number to five. Just need to paint it to match the others then it can go and run at GMES at the next open day with the schools hopefully or maybe the radial. I've also drawn up the Hastings unit (not actually sure where to put it being half coach half diesel so I'll put the CAD here and the model in battery locos) which will follow soon.

Maunsell Restriction 0 Composite Brake Coach to match the other 4.

Hastings Driving unit

Currently being cut at the 3 Restriction 1 Maunsell prototypes which does mean I'll have to make a decision. With these 3, there will be another brake coach. Now do I fit the last as every other buckeye brake (one 3 link and one buckeye) or do I do twin buckeyes on this one to maximise train lengths. Decisions decisions..... I mean, I'm unlikely to run more than 12 coach trains at once anyway and the new R0 brake means I can have techically 13 coach corridor trains. I think that's more than enough but the option for a 8 coach Maunsell train is very appealing......

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 pm

I love how every time I want to start the commerical side of things I find yet more that fall into the 'I'd like one of those' category...... Oh well!

Two different lots of Passenger Coaches have seen work. Ironically, the first one was semi commerical as they were drawn up back in 2018 as the launch of the Gauge one range (2 years later that happened in a very different way) and the others covering another long held wish of a set of Great Western Stock. 1927 Pullmans and GWR Hawksworth Coaches.

Pullman CAD Test

Hawksworth CAD Test

Pullman 'Isle of Thanet'

Pullmans wise, there's 5 different versions for the main range (which won't feature here) but there was one pullman I wanted for myself and its rather appropriate considering where it ended up. 'Isle of Thanet'. A Parlor Brake Coach for the 'Thanet Belle'. The perfect addition for the R0/1 Maunsells and Thanet Coaches. Ironically, Isle of Thanet is fitted with Buckeyes to run with the Maunsell Coaches making a nice 6 coach set. I am still working on the R1 Maunsells but they'll be a later addition in the year as I need a break from new stuff! That said, once the sides are sorted I'll most likely build them so I can tick them off the list. The pullman is waiting on its bogies and then its fully finished. It will be finished in full Pullman Cream and Umber in due course.

Hawksworth all 1st
Hawksworth all brake

Hawksworth wise, I've done 5 with a 6th possibly if I can make the required space. I've covered a All first, All third, Brake Composite, Brake Third and full Brake. The 6th I'm looking at is 'Test Car 4' aka the GWR Dynamometer Coach which was a converted all 3rd. All 5 currently built are waiting on bogies to complete them but are otherwise complete. All 5 will be finished in BR Maroon as BR Crimson and Cream is beyond my skill set at the moment.

Hawksworth All 3rd

Hawksworth Brake Composite

Hawksworth Brake 3rd

Hopefully they'll all be on their wheels by the end of the week as the wheelsets arrived today! Once these are done, its just waiting on funds for the Hastings Bogies and the preformed Plywood R1 Coach sides from a contact of mine.

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!