Rolling stock of the Wadebridge Light Railway

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
steamgeorge
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Rolling stock of the Wadebridge Light Railway

Post by steamgeorge » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:34 pm

I have decided to make a second thread to keep railway and rolling stock updates separate. To Start things off, I thought I would give some background information for goods traffic on the railway. I imagine the railway came under ownership of Southern Railway through the grouping act of 1921 (much like the real north Cornwall railway and the Lynton and Barnstaple) so therefore it is appropriate for me to paint wagons in SR wagon brown. Also, as there was SR and GWR traffic at Wadebridge, I imagine the GWR would have bought some of the railway's stock so I will have some GWR grey wagons as well (for more variety really).

However, as you have seen I have already liveried some of my wagons in light grey with black ironwork and I don't wish to repaint them again. So, I will keep them like that imagining that was what they looked like pre-grouping. The Lynton and Barnstaple took many years for a full transition to SR so I don't find it unreasonable to have some wagons that are still awaiting the transition to SR/GWR.

Anyway, at the weekend, I decided to paint an old IP engineering wagon in GWR grey and add some detail such as extra bolts. When this had been completed I tried sign-writing the appropriate text on the side; only a few wagons are going to be GWR so it will save buying transfers if it works. I have to say I am quite pleased with the result considering it is freehand with a brush.
Attachments
IMG_20190605_195352871.jpeg
IMG_20190605_195352871.jpeg (103.64 KiB) Viewed 3534 times

steamgeorge
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Rolling stock of the Wadebridge Light Railway

Post by steamgeorge » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Added this to demonstrate the three liveries present
Attachments
IMG_20190605_204108803.jpeg
IMG_20190605_204108803.jpeg (117.59 KiB) Viewed 3533 times

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Nicely done the sign writing. Did you use just a brush and acrylic or enamel paint?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:57 am

Very nice work indeed. Impressive sign writing and love the livery colour.

steamgeorge
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamgeorge » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 pm Nicely done the sign writing. Did you use just a brush and acrylic or enamel paint?
Thank you, I used Humbrol enamel as there white paint is very strong and is fine with one coat for letters. The body of the wagon is Pheonix Precision Paints GWR freight wagon grey if you were wondering.