MoD wagon livery

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

MoD wagon livery

Post by JMORG » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 am

Hi all,
I've got an IP MoD box van that needs minor repair. I've considered repainting the whole wagon into the correct RNAD livery.
Does anyone have any information on the livery used by the RNAD? IP has light grey and black steelwork but I'm not sure if this is correct as I have seen some wagons in a dark (almost GWR) grey...[/i]

Jon Taylor
New User
New User

Re: MoD wagon livery

Post by Jon Taylor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am

Don't forget that before the days of computer-controlled paint formulation, 'standard' colours could and did vary considerably. Add to that the patina and fading of age and use, and a GW grey van could very well end up looking much lighter.

JMORG:122538 wrote:Hi all,
I've got an IP MoD box van that needs minor repair. I've considered repainting the whole wagon into the correct RNAD livery.
Does anyone have any information on the livery used by the RNAD? IP has light grey and black steelwork but I'm not sure if this is correct as I have seen some wagons in a dark (almost GWR) grey...[/i]

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:49 pm

If it's any help, the vans we had at Butterley came in rattlecan primer grey with (very rusty) black ironwork. The 3 vans hadn't been run for years (we had to re-gauge them) but the brake had.
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 am

Not a great shot, but here's 2 ex-RNAD Trecwn vans (behind the locos) at Leadhills which have been subjected to Mother Nature's worst for some years now.

Chris Cairns