D.H.R. lettering

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
sowozisowozi
Cleaner
Cleaner

D.H.R. lettering

Post by sowozisowozi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Hello readers.
I`ve changed from Introduction to Rolling Stock. I think it is better so.
For I have read that the reputation of Blackham-Transfers for special orders is not so good, so I will not order there .
I will try to find a lettering-maker in Germany. I will give him photographs and drawings for doing.

sowozisowoziGerald

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Re: D.H.R. lettering

Post by MDLR » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 pm

sowozisowozi:119122 wrote:I will try to find a lettering-maker in Germany. I will give him photographs and drawings for doing
................... and you'll tell us where to get them from if they're any good! :thumbup: :lol: :o :D
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

sowozisowozi
Cleaner
Cleaner

D.H.R. . . .

Post by sowozisowozi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Brian,
You can be sure
sowozisowoziGerald

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Enginehouse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:27 pm

MDLR:119123 wrote:
sowozisowozi:119122 wrote:I will try to find a lettering-maker in Germany. I will give him photographs and drawings for doing
................... and you'll tell us where to get them from if they're any good!  :thumbup:  :lol:  :o  :D
As a follow up to the above. I have just learnt courtesy of Mr Binnie, that Ivan (IP Engineering) is now providing lettering etc for various narrow gauge lines.
I was actually chasing up GVT wagon lettering hence my enquiry of Peter regarding lettering for his 4 ton granite wagon kits. A quick call to Ivan has both types of lettering for both the basic and private owner wagons on the way. Ivan tells me that he is currently setting up the Ffestiniog transfer sets and that there will undoubtedly be a lot more NG sets to follow.
Cheers

Roy H

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Enginehouse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:33 pm

sowozisowozi:119122 wrote:Hello readers.
For I have read that the reputation of Blackham-Transfers for special orders is not so good, so I will not order there .
I will try to find a lettering-maker in Germany. I will give him photographs and drawings for doing.

sowozisowoziGerald
I have had sets of logo and other artwork done for me by Roy at Railroad models. Superb artwork and not in my case very expensive. His lining sets are excellent. I also like the sheet of cab transfers of gauges and control panel indicators etc for diesels.
Cheers

Roy H

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Enginehouse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:31 pm

sowozisowozi:119122 wrote:Hello readers.

sowozisowoziGerald
I have had sets of logo and other artwork done for me by Roy at Railroad models. Superb artwork and not in my case very expensive. His lining sets are excellent. I also like the sheet of cab transfers of gauges and control panel indicators etc for diesels.
Cheers

Roy H

sowozisowozi
Cleaner
Cleaner

DHR lettering transfers

Post by sowozisowozi » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi Roy H-Enginehouse

I´ll try to ask also Roy at Railroad Models, like You wrote me. Please would You send email-adress ? Many thanks .
'Regards
sowozisowoziGerald

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: DHR lettering transfers

Post by Enginehouse » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:40 pm

sowozisowozi:119163 wrote:Hi Roy H-Enginehouse

I´ll try to ask also  Roy at Railroad Models, like You wrote me. Please would You send email-adress ? Many thanks .
'Regards
sowozisowoziGerald
Site address
www.rail-roadmodels.co.uk

E-mail address
royfitzsimmonds@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers

Roy H

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:43 am

It's good that Ivan will be doing transfers as my normal supplier (GRS) is quite expensive and don't stick very well unless you spray varnish quickly.
I'm still waiting on some transfers from Blackham; 10 years is a long time to wait...

ikcdab
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by ikcdab » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:28 pm

I have found precision decals to be excellent. http://www.precisionlabels.com/.
John Peck is the owner. You send him a pdf of what you want and he prints on waterslide film and sends them back within a day or two and all at a reasonable price. But you do need to make your own 'master' up first using something like word or similar.