Rolling Stock for the Far End Tramway

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Re: Rolling Stock for the Far End Tramway

Post by IrishPeter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Now the clocks have changed there is a danger that that might happen, especially as there is now track outside. My favourite time for rolling stock building is late afternoon, so I usually grab the camera at the end of a session and record the recent results, which is not very conducive to outside photography November to March. You have also reminded me that I need to get the fluorescent lights rigged up again in the basement. I pulled them a while back to pinch the three-to-two adaptor for another job (the wife's computer, IIRC), and I have now remembered to buy another. Anyway, not much rolling stock building going on at the moment as I am getting a flying start on the outside track before skeeter season starts.

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Re: Rolling Stock for the Far End Tramway

Post by IrishPeter » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 am

The weather required a break from outdoor hobby activities after work today, so I did a little more to the three compartment third I was working on a couple of weeks ago. The ends were laminated up, the underframe made, and the first coat of cream paint applied. W-irons, wheels, and couplings were liberated from the bit box. Parts still to be fabricated: compartment petitions, seats, sunshades and roof.

Pics in a day or two when I have something worth photographing.

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.