WD Rolling Stock 45mm

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
SKGLB
Cleaner
Cleaner

WD Rolling Stock 45mm

Post by SKGLB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi Everybody!

I'm new member here but read here for some time with the forum.

Now I have a question.
For my pre-ordered Accucraft WD Baldwin i'm seeking for rolling-stock in 45mm track., Especially a D-Class wagon.
My Internet searches suggest several providers:
Andel, looks good, cheap, but no longer in business?
Swift-Sexteen, very detailed, but I think too narrow for 45mm track, a friend of mine has build the D-Class, but i think with a width of 8cm to slim for 45mm.
Jurassic / Triassic kit looks very good, combined with the beautiful WD Bogies of Swift-Sexteen would be a good combination.
Has anyone here already built a Jurassic Class D, and also pictures of it that he can show?

thank you in advance
Gerald ;)

tuppenced
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by tuppenced » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Gerald,

Two more suggestions:

- Slaters also do a D class wagon kit

- You may still find secondhand some of the wood and metal kits sold first by David Bailey and the Felton Vowler. (The glut of copycat plastic kits put them out of business - without actually being cheaper.)

As you already realise, re-gauging the distinctive WD bogies will make any of these narrow scale wagons look really weird on 45mm gauge track - but then, your set of choices means something has to give.

What I've done myself is to keep my Baldwin and rolling stock to 32mm gauge, even though I don't have any 32mm track, for Visiting other lines.

I suggest either that or abandoning scale WD wagons and scratchbuilding something along the same lines to suit your own eye. If it's the Baldwin that's the real draw for you, then you might well be happy with G-Scale bogie gondolas.

David

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Another source of WD bogies is Wrightscale.

http://wrightscale.co.uk/WDBogie.html

He sells 2 bogies for £45 including UK postage with wheels and axles. I don't know exchange rates nor do I know what your postage would be.
What I do know is that these bogies are very detailed as are his other WD items. Don't confuse the bogies you need with the pechot bogies he also sells. (Also very good kits)

I have some Swift Sixteen wagons and intend to mount them on Wrightscale WD bogies. Can't see any problem with this but I haven't finished the project at this time.

Note that Wrightscale is a cottage industry and as a result of the quality of their work they are always busy. Trying to contact them is something of a challenge but when you get a reply, in my experience, it is worth the delay. You might be tempted to write to them in the first instance. Take a look at other pages on their website. I think it is fair to say they are well versed on WW1 trench railways.

Good luck
Andy
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

SKGLB
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SKGLB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Tank you Andy and David for your answers and suggestions.

Yes, it will not be easy or a model close to put the narrow WD Wagons on the 45mm bogies. But I always try to buy the best for locomotive wagons or establish itself.

I'll think of something.

Here in the old continent, the 32 mm track is not so well represented.

That's right, the 45mm track's not even converted it should indeed be only models of 1000mm track. But LBG has begun and many small volume manufacturers now are based on the 45mm.

And I apologize here simply as a question of rolling stock in the Forum to present.
Have the rescheduled http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about10238.html here.

Gerald ;)

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Have a look at the Accucraft two plank Isle of man wagons available from Track Shack they have a similar charm to the WD opens and you can get the grey data only (Plain)versions, I think they will suit the Baldwin quite nicely.

John