E.bay trader?

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Annie
Fireman
Fireman

E.bay trader?

Post by Annie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:28 am

Have any forum members purchased items from this e.bay trader before?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/pasidump/m.html ... 1543.l2654

The fact that free shipping is offered interests me a lot as the cost of shipping is a major barrier to buying anything from overseas.
What has Reality done for you lately?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:43 am

Hi Annie
Yes, I've bought stuff from them - a chassis and some couplings.
I had no problem. I've also bought stuff from China a few times with zero postage and also dad no problem

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Annie
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Annie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks Rik :D It's their wagon building parts I'm interested in as I've got a wee bit of a wagon building program in mind. When I was still building things in Lego as a form of rehab I purchased quite a lot of Lego compatible bricks postage free from China and always had good service from the Chinese traders.

robc_wa
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by robc_wa » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Annie

I have bought axleboxes from this trader before. No problem with delivery to Aus. (NZ isnt that much further :)) Not super fast, but quite reasonable, Better I think than China which can be 3-4 weeks

Rob

Annie
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Annie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Well I ordered up some of their coil spring journal axleboxes with cosmetic plastic rivets and two axles worth of their plastic wheels to try. I know metal wheels are better, but I can't afford them and the model shops here in NZ don't stock large scale stuff anymore.  If these wheels prove to be ok I'll get more.

Some years ago I used to buy a lot of G scalish sized stuff from overseas, but I don't remember the freight costs being as horrible as they are now.  I don't even consider the US anymore because their postal charges to New Zealand are completely unbelievable.

11thHour
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Chinese post

Post by 11thHour » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:00 am

I don't know about Sri Lanka, but my understanding is the Chinese govt, postal agency gives free post to Chinese exporters. Makes sense since it promotes exports and western world post offices incur the cost of delivery in their country. Postage is a reciprocal agreement, but nobody sends parcels to China!
As an aside, last time I flew to China with a Chinese airline, the free baggage in the hold limit was 23kg on the inward flight, but 46kg on the flight home. Tell me the communist Chinese don’t have a business head!

Tim

Annie
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Annie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:34 am

Well my order with this trader arrived just fine and I'm reasonably pleased with what I've received. The 28mm diameter wheels remind me a lot of plastic Hornby '0' gauge wheels, but larger of course :)
The axleguards are perfect for what I need and they will be getting a testing out on the tramway style tender I'm building for old No:2 which is in the shops at the moment getting a new cab. I like the look of the plastic rivets and I can see all manner of uses for those apart from dressing up axleguards.